Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm blaming these raging pregnancy hormones for what just happened...

Posted by   + Show Post

I broke down crying hysterically, which turned into uncontrollable laughter, which turned back to overwhelming sadness and crying, and laughing while crying at myself for how insane I must have looked to my so hehe.

What started all this?  A two year-old tantrum from my dd, which is never a big deal except for this one day.  My So noticed I was getting a little frustrated and he tried to take over, but she kept calling my name and was literally begging that I be the one to hold her and comfort her.  He told me no, that he could handle it, and so I went downstairs and began to cry.  Soon after she calmed down, they both came down as I was on the couch, not knowing anymore why the heck I was crying, but I just couldn't stop!  I continued to cry as I got up to start dinner and then I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous I was for crying about nothing, and while my so was laughing at me too, I started to feel like crying again...and I did as I was cutting bressel sprouts and wondering why i had such an uncontrollable impulse to break down crying even though I wasn't even upset!  This went back and forth for a good 15 minutes.  Well, am I crazy or what?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (21-29):
GreenAndLean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I get it I have been like this the last couples days, weeks whatever lol. I'm sure its the pregnancy hormones too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyner_brylee
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I've done this on one or more occasion when i was pregnant with my son. Like one night i asked my now ex husband to cook me pork chops with mashed potatoes, green beans and a few other things. Well he cooked everything for me and made my plate. I started eating and decided that i didn't want that any more and wanted something else to eat. I started crying cause i felt so bad for making him cook the meal. He started laughing at me saying its ok, what did i want to eat. My reply was i dunno. And cried even harder... lol

Quoting a_emily21:

I broke down crying hysterically, which turned into uncontrollable laughter, which turned back to overwhelming sadness and crying, and laughing while crying at myself for how insane I must have looked to my so hehe.

What started all this?  A two year-old tantrum from my dd, which is never a big deal except for this one day.  My So noticed I was getting a little frustrated and he tried to take over, but she kept calling my name and was literally begging that I be the one to hold her and comfort her.  He told me no, that he could handle it, and so I went downstairs and began to cry.  Soon after she calmed down, they both came down as I was on the couch, not knowing anymore why the heck I was crying, but I just couldn't stop!  I continued to cry as I got up to start dinner and then I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous I was for crying about nothing, and while my so was laughing at me too, I started to feel like crying again...and I did as I was cutting bressel sprouts and wondering why i had such an uncontrollable impulse to break down crying even though I wasn't even upset!  This went back and forth for a good 15 minutes.  Well, am I crazy or what?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I get that way sometimes.

a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hahaha omg!  The things our hubbies have to go through with us sometimes...lol

Quoting tyner_brylee:

I've done this on one or more occasion when i was pregnant with my son. Like one night i asked my now ex husband to cook me pork chops with mashed potatoes, green beans and a few other things. Well he cooked everything for me and made my plate. I started eating and decided that i didn't want that any more and wanted something else to eat. I started crying cause i felt so bad for making him cook the meal. He started laughing at me saying its ok, what did i want to eat. My reply was i dunno. And cried even harder... lol

Quoting a_emily21:

a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Aw I was like that a little bit for the first couple weeks with my first lol.  

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

I did that right after  my first was born.  I cried over everything, I cried because the baby was hungry, I cried cause she was asleep, it just went on and on.  Scared my mom to death!  I'd say it's just your hormones.

AmandaMaeBell
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

It's frustrating, cause you don't want to cry and the next thing you know, your balling your eyes out and everyone is like Awww honey, what's wrong!  lol

Quoting a_emily21:

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

I did that right after  my first was born.  I cried over everything, I cried because the baby was hungry, I cried cause she was asleep, it just went on and on.  Scared my mom to death!  I'd say it's just your hormones.

a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM

LOL that only makes it worse!  I just cry harder if my so notices there's something wrong and tries to help!

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

It's frustrating, cause you don't want to cry and the next thing you know, your balling your eyes out and everyone is like Awww honey, what's wrong!  lol

Quoting a_emily21:

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

tastelikeyum
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I cried while watching Brave (it was kind of sad)  and Freaky Friday when Jamie Lee Curtis was playing the guitar. Aww the joys of pregnancy!! I have 6 months to go, hang in there girl!!! lol

AmandaMaeBell
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM

LOL IKR!  I do the same thing lol

Quoting a_emily21:

LOL that only makes it worse!  I just cry harder if my so notices there's something wrong and tries to help!

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

Quoting a_emily21:

Quoting AmandaMaeBell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)