Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm blaming these raging pregnancy hormones for what just happened...

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 29 Replies

I broke down crying hysterically, which turned into uncontrollable laughter, which turned back to overwhelming sadness and crying, and laughing while crying at myself for how insane I must have looked to my so hehe.

What started all this?  A two year-old tantrum from my dd, which is never a big deal except for this one day.  My So noticed I was getting a little frustrated and he tried to take over, but she kept calling my name and was literally begging that I be the one to hold her and comfort her.  He told me no, that he could handle it, and so I went downstairs and began to cry.  Soon after she calmed down, they both came down as I was on the couch, not knowing anymore why the heck I was crying, but I just couldn't stop!  I continued to cry as I got up to start dinner and then I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous I was for crying about nothing, and while my so was laughing at me too, I started to feel like crying again...and I did as I was cutting bressel sprouts and wondering why i had such an uncontrollable impulse to break down crying even though I wasn't even upset!  This went back and forth for a good 15 minutes.  Well, am I crazy or what?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_emily21
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I should have been anony...

NyiaBaby216
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
This happened to me yesterday too.....over a damn pear and egg nog. >.< Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I have a 5 yr old that does this, shoots my anxiety through the roof because I think I have to save my baby from evil daddy. LOL

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you're a beautiful pregnant mommy.  It's OK to be full of CRAZY emotions.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I cried all day today and yesterday.. I am not even pregnant.

a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Haha!  Yeah I hate it..but he sometimes doesn't like how much my dd has a preference over me when it comes to the comfort and wanting me for every little thing when she's cranky.  I get it, and I give him room to take over, but dangit it makes me so anxious sometimes lol!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I have a 5 yr old that does this, shoots my anxiety through the roof because I think I have to save my baby from evil daddy. LOL

Jeckers
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Nope I have done that quite a few times with all my pregnancies!!  It is the hormones because when I am not pregnant I don't usually cry at all.  I even laugh so hard sometimes that the tears start rolling because I am laughing so hard.  My husband just laughs along with me!!  If I am just crying he will just hold me, ask me whats wrong or if he just needs to shut up he asks me that too!!  :)  He's awesome.  And really just wants to protect me. 

Nicky2911
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Lol when I finally cried like that during my pregnancy you should have seen how SO responded (I freaked out because our kitten seriously had some sort of fixation with stalking and attacking me repeatedly for know apparent reason). "It's ok, honey. He's just a cat. He's just stupid. I'm stupid. It's gonna be ok..." You'd think he thought I was going to spontaneously combust or something as nervous as he acted lol. 

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean.. And being pregnant amplifies it.. LOL.. Its okay mama..  I have been there and still go through it. But Im not pregnant. LOL But he is the baby.

Quoting a_emily21:

Haha!  Yeah I hate it..but he sometimes doesn't like how much my dd has a preference over me when it comes to the comfort and wanting me for every little thing when she's cranky.  I get it, and I give him room to take over, but dangit it makes me so anxious sometimes lol!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Aw, thank you lol.  :-)

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

No, you're a beautiful pregnant mommy.  It's OK to be full of CRAZY emotions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)