Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm blaming these raging pregnancy hormones for what just happened...

Posted by   + Show Post

I broke down crying hysterically, which turned into uncontrollable laughter, which turned back to overwhelming sadness and crying, and laughing while crying at myself for how insane I must have looked to my so hehe.

What started all this?  A two year-old tantrum from my dd, which is never a big deal except for this one day.  My So noticed I was getting a little frustrated and he tried to take over, but she kept calling my name and was literally begging that I be the one to hold her and comfort her.  He told me no, that he could handle it, and so I went downstairs and began to cry.  Soon after she calmed down, they both came down as I was on the couch, not knowing anymore why the heck I was crying, but I just couldn't stop!  I continued to cry as I got up to start dinner and then I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous I was for crying about nothing, and while my so was laughing at me too, I started to feel like crying again...and I did as I was cutting bressel sprouts and wondering why i had such an uncontrollable impulse to break down crying even though I wasn't even upset!  This went back and forth for a good 15 minutes.  Well, am I crazy or what?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Hahaha that's great.  It's so weird how the silliest things can make you cry!  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one lol.

Quoting Nicky2911:

Lol when I finally cried like that during my pregnancy you should have seen how SO responded (I freaked out because our kitten seriously had some sort of fixation with stalking and attacking me repeatedly for know apparent reason). "It's ok, honey. He's just a cat. He's just stupid. I'm stupid. It's gonna be ok..." You'd think he thought I was going to spontaneously combust or something as nervous as he acted lol. 

a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Aw you've got a great hubby :)  Mine handled my breakdown pretty well, but I think he was freaked out at the same time lol!

Quoting Jeckers:

Nope I have done that quite a few times with all my pregnancies!!  It is the hormones because when I am not pregnant I don't usually cry at all.  I even laugh so hard sometimes that the tears start rolling because I am laughing so hard.  My husband just laughs along with me!!  If I am just crying he will just hold me, ask me whats wrong or if he just needs to shut up he asks me that too!!  :)  He's awesome.  And really just wants to protect me. 

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I almost started crying last night too. Migraines and i swear everyone was out to piss me off. I finally calmed down after some diet coke.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Yeah my irritability has been through the roof lately too!  I might be a little difficult to live with right now lol.

Quoting angevil53:

I almost started crying last night too. Migraines and i swear everyone was out to piss me off. I finally calmed down after some diet coke.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Aww. DD bit me in Target while I was pregnant. She was 2. I put her in her stroller, sat down in the food cafe, and cried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBabies86
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I use to go back and forth from crying laughing and being mad when I was prego...so no your not crazy just prego lol I went to my happy place to calm myself...outback in the woods and shot cans or a traget I hung on a tree or threw my throwing knives..go to your happy place mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

lol aw :(  Sometimes it likes to creep up on us in the worst of times.  I HATE crying in public, but I'm guilty of doing it too lol.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Aww. DD bit me in Target while I was pregnant. She was 2. I put her in her stroller, sat down in the food cafe, and cried.

a_emily21
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM

hah  It felt really good to just cry even though i wasn't sad.  Just having a goold old cry was all i needed i guess lol!

Quoting MyBabies86:

I use to go back and forth from crying laughing and being mad when I was prego...so no your not crazy just prego lol I went to my happy place to calm myself...outback in the woods and shot cans or a traget I hung on a tree or threw my throwing knives..go to your happy place mama

Nee86
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww crazy hormones. They are so fun.....not. Yeah I did that when I was pregnant because I didn't know what to fix for dinner and no one would help me and they hated everything I suggested. Dh endes up taking us out.
AmandaMaeBell
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I did that right after  my first was born.  I cried over everything, I cried because the baby was hungry, I cried cause she was asleep, it just went on and on.  Scared my mom to death!  I'd say it's just your hormones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)