Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Weight loss wraps? Legit or not?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 12 Replies

So, just wondering if any one of you ladies have tried the weight loss wraps? I believe the brand name is called "It Works Wraps" not 100% sure on that. I've seen some before and after pictures of some women who claimed to have used them but wasnt sure if they were true or not. I'm pregnant and thinking about using them after I give birth to kick start my weight loss (only gained 15lbs so far at 32 weeks, so not too bad). Anyone have any success with them?

No bash zone! lol

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

From what I understand they work but for a limited time so it's a false loss

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM
A trash bag would work the same. lol
Seriously a trash bag wrapped around you'd waist would have more affect because it heats your stomach up while just doing daily life.
The wrapps are just taking off water weight. Heating up to sweat.
I have a friend who bought into the deal & she's stuck with 30 wraps nobody wants to buy lol. She won't even use them ... so that should tell ya something.
Search the reviews, you'll see the fad failure
FIREFOX1336
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM
All it did for me was reduce the red/purple mess of my stretch marks. Not worth the money at all
sdunaway08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM

She bought 30+wraps?! I dont think its the same ones I'm referring to then. The ones I'm talking about are $25 each, I couldnt imagine shelling out that much money for them. I was thinking of just purchasing one or two lol....They are suppose to "have huge results after just one wrap" lol...Who knows.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously a trash bag wrapped around you'd waist would have more affect because it heats your stomach up while just doing daily life.
I have a friend who bought into the deal & she's stuck with 30 wraps nobody wants to buy lol. She won't even use them ... so that should tell ya something.

sdunaway08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Did the result stay or the red/purple come back? Just curious.

Quoting FIREFOX1336:

All it did for me was reduce the red/purple mess of my stretch marks. Not worth the money at all

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I have a friend who has lost weight with them, BUT, she was also on a very strict meal plan due to a medical condition.
She swears by them though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIREFOX1336
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Yeah what worked better was running a hot bath, add 3 pints of hydrogen peroxide and 2 oz ground ginger. After I did that if I specifically look at where they are I can see them, but can't tell when looking in a mirror a few feet away. My stretch marks on my sides were huge and bright purple after ds. I went from a size 4 to a size 14. My biggest marks were almost a half inch wide. Now the texture of the skin is the same but the color is as white as I am, I'm Irish, my hair is t red but I have the ski tone of a red head, the really ghost white and burns if the sun touches it for 2 minutes. I thought I'd never get my stretch marks to blend
Smcclellan7080
by Suzanne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I had one professionally done before I got preggo with Chase. He's almost 5. The mineral wrap that I had done really does work. I actually saw results the same day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:19 AM
lol no she bought in. She was selling them & that's what she had left after hosting two parties. You have to buy a beginners package when you start selling. She bought into the BS the lady who signed her up & saw $$$$ dollar signs. So she bought extra.
She only sold five of the original package. She's always on Facebook posting funny statuses about them like, wonder if they'd work for pee pads? for her puppies (another get rich quick scheme that failed lol)
She says she has used them herself twice before going out on a date so her water weight will allow her to fit into tighter clothes. But otherwise they're just there collecting dust.

Quoting sdunaway08:

She bought 30+wraps?! I dont think its the same ones I'm referring to then. The ones I'm talking about are $25 each, I couldnt imagine shelling out that much money for them. I was thinking of just purchasing one or two lol....They are suppose to "have huge results after just one wrap" lol...Who knows.

Quoting Anonymous:

just_hc
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I did one a few weeks ago.  I lost a few inches but it came right back in about a week's time.  I wouldn't waste my money again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)