Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My child scared me tonight :(

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM
  • 7 Replies
After a week of my poor girl fighting a fever and a bad cold she had a day or two of feeling well. Then last night she puked...she went to school because she "felt ok". Well two hours later thy called because she didn't feel well. Soon as we got home she puked again. She's barely eaten all day. I've been trying to push fluids got Popsicles and carbonated water to make sure she'd drink it.
She was doing alright, went in the other room to watch tv. Dinner time came and we tried to wake her, she wouldn't even wake up. So we let her sleep through. Worried I went back and it took me nearly 45 minutes to wake her. I was so close to rushing her to the ER when she finally got up and was able to pee. So for now no ER VISIT.

Looks like I'm getting zero sleep tonight. But she scared me and I will be at the ER if it happens again. But I know that if she can pee and has no high fever they won't do much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gma12.1
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM

She needs to be seen as soon as you can get her in to the dr. Even tho she can pee and isn't running a high temp doesn't mean that she hasn't dehydrated. My granddaughter did that same thing it took 2 bags of IV fluid to fix her.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting gma12.1:

She needs to be seen as soon as you can get her in to the dr. Even tho she can pee and isn't running a high temp doesn't mean that she hasn't dehydrated. My granddaughter did that same thing it took 2 bags of IV fluid to fix her.

momma0ffive
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
uh I wouldn't wait sound like somethings wrong... I would much rather be safe than sorry
BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Hopefully she'll be fine!  I'd still get her checked out though, just to be safe.

JSVDP
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM
The nurse from the children's hospital called me back. Said that probably with not eating anything since last night and h ing gone to school she was probably so tired already she was just in a deep sleep. She said keep her hydrated and watch her but it doesn't sound like its anything To be worried about. But she understands why I panicked.
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:18 AM

If she's had a fever all week, is puking, and couldn't wake up... I can't see why you haven't taken her to be seen already, even if you do have to go to the ER.

JSVDP
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:27 AM
The fever has been off an on since she first got sick. We've been to the doctor and I've called a few times. Everything I'm doing is right and there isn't anything different than what they would do.
It's not like I've let this just go and done nothing.
She will be in to the doctors tomorrow because I already know the ER will just check her temp and tell me if she's peed 3 times in the last so many hours she's ok and to push fluids.
But in the morning when the office is open we will be going in and getting her checked anyway.

Quoting Summerlion1123:

If she's had a fever all week, is puking, and couldn't wake up... I can't see why you haven't taken her to be seen already, even if you do have to go to the ER.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)