Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help NEW QUESTION **UPDATE**

Posted by   + Show Post

I found my Jenny Kitty. She is stuck up high in a tree. The fire dept said they wont help get her down. Im gonna go cut that tree down.

Ok...so I cant get her from the tree with the ladder. The yard the tree is in is on the fence line but the man has a very mean pit. So Im in the house behind his yard. WHAT IF I GET A WATERHOSE AND SPRAY HER DOWN? She is about 30 to 40ft up in the tree.

Jenny is home safe and sound!! We gave up after being out there for three or more hours. This morning when we got up she was meowing and it was getting louder and when we went to the door she was running home!!!

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Replies (21-26):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

We were outside for a good 3 hours or more trying to get her down. This morning we heard meowing getting louder and louder and went out and it was her running home!!

Quoting babyblue415:

that happend to me one time. our cat was up in that tree for about 4 days before we found him. we got the hard cat food and shook the box and spoke to the cat gently and he slowly made his way back down

babyblue415
by champagne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

i'm glad she's back home.... i want a cat too but hubby dont like them. :o(  i miss my cat. my mom has it now

Quoting angie729:

We were outside for a good 3 hours or more trying to get her down. This morning we heard meowing getting louder and louder and went out and it was her running home!!

Quoting babyblue415:

that happend to me one time. our cat was up in that tree for about 4 days before we found him. we got the hard cat food and shook the box and spoke to the cat gently and he slowly made his way back down

CuzImMOM
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome. So happy your fur baby is back home safe.

Quoting angie729:

Jenny is home safe and sound!! Thank you!!!

Quoting CuzImMOM:

That's what they do around here. Don't know what they charge. You can

Get the cops to help you if you need in his yard to get the cat. Keep me posted. Thanks

Quoting angie729:

Quoting CuzImMOM:

Call a tree survives place.

If I cant get her tonight I will in the morning. I wonder how much they would charge? And that man wont let no one in his yard. But the tree is on the fence line and you can get to it from someone one else's yard.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CuzImMOM
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM
You should post a pic of you kitty. I'd like to see her. I love cats. I have four in the house lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JuliFox
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Glad she's home.  If it happens again, try getting a stick or a string and dragging it along the ground, like you're playing with her.  For some reason kitties - at least my kitties - seem to be in capable of ignoring sticks or strings.  Or red dots, for that matter - a laser pointer might do the trick as well, because you could aim it at the tree and lead her down. 

juniebug11
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Ah! I'm glad she's home, this reminds me of my sister fiancée , he is an animal lover! Someone's cat ran up a 40 ft. Tree, and like you said the fire department wouldn't come. No ladder would reach it. His neighbor had a tree climber for hunting, you like hoist yourself up the tree, it's a lot of work. Anyway it took it 2 1/2 hours to get to the top. It was getting dark & chilly. Once he got to the top, the cat jumped down the limbs and walked off. Lol, it wasn't funny at the time but looking back it was way to funny, it took it 2 1/2 hours to get down to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)