Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm starting to get worried about my dd...

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:53 AM
  • 33 Replies

She just turned 4 and ever since she was a little over one she has done this we rid thing...with every person she is comfortable with she will but her hand under their arm....no matter how many times i tell her to stop she wont i don't think she can (i hate it i cant stand her hand there dad doesn't mind at all) she even does this my my 2 year old ds. now if there is no one close enough she does it to herself it has to be skin she goes under our sleeves and rolls up her own. i can even yell at her to stop and she will do it 2 seconds later...I've never tried to punish her for doing this because it doesn't seem right to punish her idt she knows what she is doing or can stop like a habit she even does this when she walks....she will stop to play and use 2 hands if she has to. What do you mama's think?

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CLEKate
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I can see how it is annoying, but not something I would punish for.  I think it is a coping mechanism that she will grow out of.

lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:55 AM
My son is the same way, he needs ski. To skin contact. He only does it with family, but I make sure he asks before he goes After someone's arm or underarm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:56 AM

i'm confused i guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Please re write this. Too confusing with the spelling mistakes and grammar.
bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:57 AM

that's what i thought that  it'd be crazy to punish her for it and idt that would help it would just be mean lol 

Quoting CLEKate:

I can see how it is annoying, but not something I would punish for.  I think it is a coping mechanism that she will grow out of.

fallenstars
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:57 AM
This

Quoting CLEKate:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:57 AM
It sounds like it may be a sensory thing.. talk to her dr.
bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:59 AM

how old is he? she does it to friends of mine even if she hasn't known them long or doesn't see them often...she doesn't ask if she is sitting close enough she just goes for it lol 

Quoting lanes_mom0109:

My son is the same way, he needs ski. To skin contact. He only does it with family, but I make sure he asks before he goes After someone's arm or underarm.

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it. It's a comfort thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanes_mom0109
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Lol he's four. He only asks because I tell him to, otherwise he would just go for it

Quoting bluebunbun:

how old is he? she does it to friends of mine even if she hasn't known them long or doesn't see them often...she doesn't ask if she is sitting close enough she just goes for it lol 

Quoting lanes_mom0109:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)