Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms, Why dont (some) of you have custody of your kids? ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How could you give them up so easily?

ETA: I'm being asked why this is directed toward women. Well lets see, men aren't allowed on this website and women are the ones that carry their babies in their wombs and give birth. Women will always have a deeper connection than a Father no matter what. Its the truth. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jade89
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I have my son

I'd fight for mine

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JLS2388
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM

My dad's girlfriend doesn't have custody of her kids. I don't know her, as far as I can see, the dad was just the one who took care of the kids more before the divorce and she is happy to just have them every other weekend.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM

It wasn't that easy.....my oldest is a huge daddy's boy and the school system here isn't the greatest and he wanted to go live with daddy so he could stay in hockey and all that..he comes home a lot...he's only 40 miles away.

My 7 year old at the time I couldn't take care of him and he was very sick and my living arrangements wasn't the greatest and he was just a baby so I let him go stay with his dads.....his dad and I decided that it would be best if he stayed there, plus he's a daddy's boy and he has his school and friends there and I didn't think it was the best interest to pull him away from that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Its not easy and its really not for you to judge. O miss them every day that I don't see them. I miss picking them up from school and hearing about how their day was.... The ONLY reason I don't have my kids is because he has the house and I only have a one bedroom apartment. Dont judge what you don't understand!!
Jblaac57
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM

this is a moms website though thats why it is directed at mothers..i agree though far more fathers give up rights

Quoting beautiful.GIRL1:

I dont think this should be directed at just moms. Fathers give up there kids all the time.

CafeMom Tickers
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Sometimes being a mom is not something they can handled or other things in life happens

i wish it would not have been push on my.mother to keep she was not ready and i paid for that every damn day!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Beloved.
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
you're being very judgemental
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I have seen this kind of situation several times (I am a paralegal and I work for an attorney who does nothing but family law). Chances are, things are NOT going to happen the way you think they are. How do the kids feel about this? Do you think THEY want to be away from their mom? How old are they?

Quoting Anonymous:

BM will not have custody of skids in the next month, because she is a shitty parent who refuses to do anything to support her children and tried to hide them from DH...its been a long time comming but DH and his children will finally be reunited :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:59 AM
in the case of my stepsons...their bio mom just let my SO take them...she was all kinds of messed up in the head! partying was more important to her.

but how she continues is beyond me! the boys are actually leaving tonight to spend a week with her for the first time in 6 years...yea she hasnt seen them in 6 freaking years!!! and before that was 2 years!

and not to mention she has 2 other kids she has kept, supports, does things for, you can imagine how my stepsons feel.
charliebean
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Why do you say that like any woman without custody is a horrible person?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN