Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms, Why dont (some) of you have custody of your kids? ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How could you give them up so easily?

ETA: I'm being asked why this is directed toward women. Well lets see, men aren't allowed on this website and women are the ones that carry their babies in their wombs and give birth. Women will always have a deeper connection than a Father no matter what. Its the truth. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:01 AM
OP.....Why not such harsh judgement of fathers without custody of their children?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Because this isn't Cafedad and I cant ask them. Also men don't carry babies and give birth to their kids. There's an entirely different connection to a mother whether people want to admit it or not.

Quoting LoriLou75:

OP.....Why not such harsh judgement of fathers without custody of their children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM
My best friend gave custody of her 3 to her ex. He can provide a better life for them than she can. She still cries every day about it. It kills her. But in the end it was more important for her to do what was best for the kids not herself. She sees them every weekend.
Judesmom333
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Some of these responses (excuses) of why you don't have custody of your children are rediculous! Fight For Your Children and Never Give Up On Yourself or Them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM

they are twin 6 yr olds and an 8 year old and I'm sure they do not want to be away from their mother but it is whats best for them. she has no job (and hasnt had one since before they were born) and refuses to get one. she lives in a two bedroom apartment with her cousin, her cousins three kids, her, and her three kids...not that we think things will go any certain way but if the law knows what they are doing it will. We also will not take away all of her custody, she will have visitation because unlike her we have no reason to alienate her the way she did to their father.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have seen this kind of situation several times (I am a paralegal and I work for an attorney who does nothing but family law). Chances are, things are NOT going to happen the way you think they are. How do the kids feel about this? Do you think THEY want to be away from their mom? How old are they?

Quoting Anonymous:

BM will not have custody of skids in the next month, because she is a shitty parent who refuses to do anything to support her children and tried to hide them from DH...its been a long time comming but DH and his children will finally be reunited :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Its NOT easy. I made mistakes. Me and my son are paying for it now and I beat myself up daily over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM

This is my situation. My ex and I are both good parents but he has a house and a better job.  I did not want her to grow up on PA and in poverty.  I did the right thing for her. I still see her we have joint custody.

Quoting Anonymous:

My best friend gave custody of her 3 to her ex. He can provide a better life for them than she can. She still cries every day about it. It kills her. But in the end it was more important for her to do what was best for the kids not herself. She sees them every weekend.

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM
A girl I know from HS only has custody of one of her three kids - I can't figure out why, and it isn't my place to ask, so I remain curious. I couldn't imagine....
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Its not cafedad is a lame excuse. You hold mothers to a higher standard. Just because women carry pregnancies doesn't automatically make them more responsible for born children. Men should be held to the same standard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because this isn't Cafedad and I cant ask them. Also men don't carry babies and give birth to their kids. There's an entirely different connection to a mother whether people want to admit it or not.

Quoting LoriLou75:

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)