Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please Sign This Petition

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

http://wh.gov/XRzF

we petition the obama administration to:

Ban Landlords From Performing Credit Checks On Renters

Many Americans are forced to live in motels, hotels, or with friends due to credit issues.

Americans are having a hard time so much as renting an apartment if they have bad credit.

Many Americans have foreclosures due to the home modification scam that was actually created to help us keep our homes. Foreclosure= no rental agreement in the credit check.

It is time to ban landlords from doing a credit check for rental properties.

Ladies, this is real. Some families are barely living in houses one step above condemnation all because of credit. I know this because at one time my family was in this situation. Had no choice but to rent dumps, in bad areas, or no tell motels. It wasnt because of the money, it was because of the credit situation. It took a couple of years of fixing credit to finally be able to get something that was nice. Hell the rent was CHEAPER once we were able to rent a decent place.

Some of you may not think this is a very serious problem, but it is. Anyone who has been in this situation knows how it feels.

The rental agreement should be based off of sufficient job income, and gut instinct. Regardless if people have bad credit, you ALWAYS HAVE to have a place to live! The ones that leave out of their leases are typically the ones who couldnt afford it in the first place.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM

BUMP!

Mognificent
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I couldn't agree with you more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they should pay their bills?? I don't blame landlords. That would put them at risk. How's that fair?
angevil53
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I just signed. It needs two more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I understand the idea but that would never work. That is their protection somewhat-maybe just have the person pay higher deposit to cover losses if they skip out on landlord.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
No.

Why should a landlord have to take a risk because someone else didn't pay their bills?
GabrielRiley
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand the idea but that would never work. That is their protection somewhat-maybe just have the person pay higher deposit to cover losses if they skip out on landlord.

I wish :( When we were having our bad time, we offered to pay the whole years lease up front and was still denied because we didnt meet credit criteria.

blue_mystique
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

so a landlord shouldn't have the right to protect their interest? I have horrible credit that I'm working on trying to improve but I totally understand why a landlord would run a credit check and I don't blame them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)