Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

working doesn't always mean extra money

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I always see people suggest sahms get jobs for extra money once their kids are in school. If I got even a part time job it would push us up back tax bracket and cost us more in taxes. No, thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
Kitschy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:08 AM
There's a ton of women here that think sahms are sponges and they need to work as soon as possible.

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

Well, if they NEED extra money, then they need to find a way to get it.

who says they need the money? Not everyone needs their spouse to work.

I can't imagine suggesting to someone to get a job in order to make money if they didn't actually need or want money.

However, that is why I included the word IF.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

It should be. But what is so wrong with a woman working?

Quoting Anonymous:

But not every couple desires that and that should be their decision.

Quoting MamatoKy:

Not necessarily, unless you are already on the verge of hitting a higher tax bracket.

Sahm's should get a part time gig or something once all their children are in school. Not saying go out and work 40 hours a week, but like 15 or 20 hours save the money and use it for the kids. kwim?

CafeMom Tickers
alwayskk
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM

The way she worded it made it sound as if these people are suggesting getting a job because the person is saying they need money.

Seems kind of obvious to me. If someone is saying they need extra money, they will have to find a way to get it.

Quoting Kitschy:

There's a ton of women here that think sahms are sponges and they need to work as soon as possible.

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

Well, if they NEED extra money, then they need to find a way to get it.

who says they need the money? Not everyone needs their spouse to work.

I can't imagine suggesting to someone to get a job in order to make money if they didn't actually need or want money.

However, that is why I included the word IF.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MamatoKy:

what is wrong with not needing to work? I don't have less to do with my kids in school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Quoting alwayskk:

no my point is when people suggest sahms get jobs just because kids are in school.
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

lol Why should they go to work to save money for the kids?

hm, there is a million reasons.

college, first cars, drivers ed, school clothes, emergencys, spending money, vacation money, extra money, rainy day fund jar, can teach kids to be responsible, that one thing they've been wanting but maybe you have not be able to afford, fun birthday partys.

Shit happens, nothing lasts forever.

Plus it would give a woman work experience if anything were to happen with her marraige.

Those are just some reasons.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamatoKy:

Not necessarily, unless you are already on the verge of hitting a higher tax bracket.

Sahm's should get a part time gig or something once all their children are in school. Not saying go out and work 40 hours a week, but like 15 or 20 hours save the money and use it for the kids. kwim?

did you read a word I write? Even a part time job would push us up. Why should they go to work to save money for the kids?

CafeMom Tickers
Kitschy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Not all sahms are poor. Some people set a hirer priority on being home for their kids than bringing home a paycheck

Quoting MamatoKy:

lol Why should they go to work to save money for the kids?

hm, there is a million reasons.

college, first cars, drivers ed, school clothes, emergencys, spending money, vacation money, extra money, rainy day fund jar, can teach kids to be responsible, that one thing they've been wanting but maybe you have not be able to afford, fun birthday partys.

Shit happens, nothing lasts forever.

Plus it would give a woman work experience if anything were to happen with her marraige.

Those are just some reasons.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamatoKy:

did you read a word I write? Even a part time job would push us up. Why should they go to work to save money for the kids?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Quoting MamatoKy:

we are not paying for college. They are buying their 1st car. We have the money for what they need. It is stupid to work to only cover more taxes.
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Ok I'll answer your question when you answer mine.

What is so wrong with a woman working?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamatoKy:

what is wrong with not needing to work? I don't have less to do with my kids in school.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Yea. If I got a job I would have to give my whole paycheck to a babysitter because im also in school so I wouldnt even be able to work many hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)