Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

working doesn't always mean extra money

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I always see people suggest sahms get jobs for extra money once their kids are in school. If I got even a part time job it would push us up back tax bracket and cost us more in taxes. No, thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Replies (111-114):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I never said they stopped being moms, did I?

Quoting Anonymous:

Working moms don't stop being moms because they work. Suprisingly (!), working moms still cook dinner and do chores.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh well some ladies wish to just stay home. They don't stop being a mom when their kids are in school. Food stills needs to be prepared and household chores still need to be done.

Quoting Anonymous:

She means moms of kids who are all in school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we've budgeted for me to get $180-$200 (him too) weekly after paying bills. If I got a job making that or the same, how would that benefit us? I might as well stay home and I'd have to work nights because child care is $2000 for all of my kids. I am looknig to go back to work very soon if the pay isn't all that great or the same/less than what I get from the household income now, then I will just go to school f/t and increase my earning potential.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:20 PM
What do you believe would happen to the job market if every voluntarily unemployed person attempted a job search? Just curious as to your opinion.

Quoting SnapIt:

Wealthy or not
Get a job
Sometimes that wealth is because of one spouse, the other should make their own attempt in their own wealth and not count on the other to support them.
To me its just laziness and excuses at a point
And also volunteering is not a job which a lot of the wealthy sahm do and use as another excuse to prove they are doing something. Anyone can do that, even if they are working. And many do
Quoting Nicoleb9:

What's your opinion on the wealthy in this context?

Quoting SnapIt:

My kids are my priority and so is their education and helping out to save for their college fund by working.

Thats "one" of the many reasons why an extra job is beneficial, rather than leaving it up to one parent to provide for a full family.

Thats setting a higher priority

How much more can you give a child if youre sitting at home? They may not be coming home, because they are away in college.

So what good are you in that case?

Quoting Kitschy:

Not all sahms are poor. Some people set a hirer priority on being home for their kids than bringing home a paycheck

Quoting MamatoKy:

lol Why should they go to work to save money for the kids?

hm, there is a million reasons.

college, first cars, drivers ed, school clothes, emergencys, spending money, vacation money, extra money, rainy day fund jar, can teach kids to be responsible, that one thing they've been wanting but maybe you have not be able to afford, fun birthday partys.

Shit happens, nothing lasts forever.

Plus it would give a woman work experience if anything were to happen with her marraige.

Those are just some reasons.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamatoKy:

Not necessarily, unless you are already on the verge of hitting a higher tax bracket.

Sahm's should get a part time gig or something once all their children are in school. Not saying go out and work 40 hours a week, but like 15 or 20 hours save the money and use it for the kids. kwim?

did you read a word I write? Even a part time job would push us up. Why should they go to work to save money for the kids?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Hmmm, jealous of SAHM's much???

I think someone has a little chip on her shoulder since her DH's X  was a SAHM and DH dosen't want the new wifey to be.

Just because you are upest at DH's X for getting to be a stay at home mom when her and your DH were married but yet DH doesn't want you to be one doesn't mean that you should take it out on all SAHM!!!

I'm sorry but ALL I see is jealousy in your post!

Quoting SnapIt:

Wealthy or not
Get a job
Sometimes that wealth is because of one spouse, the other should make their own attempt in their own wealth and not count on the other to support them.
And also volunteering is not a job which a lot of the wealthy sahm do and use as another excuse to prove they are doing something. Anyone can do that, even if they are working. And many do
Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting SnapIt:

My kids are my priority and so is their education and helping out to save for their college fund by working.

Thats "one" of the many reasons why an extra job is beneficial, rather than leaving it up to one parent to provide for a full family.

How much more can you give a child if youre sitting at home? They may not be coming home, because they are away in college.

Quoting Kitschy:

Not all sahms are poor. Some people set a hirer priority on being home for their kids than bringing home a paycheck

Quoting MamatoKy:

college, first cars, drivers ed, school clothes, emergencys, spending money, vacation money, extra money, rainy day fund jar, can teach kids to be responsible, that one thing they've been wanting but maybe you have not be able to afford, fun birthday partys.

Plus it would give a woman work experience if anything were to happen with her marraige.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamatoKy:

Not necessarily, unless you are already on the verge of hitting a higher tax bracket.

Sahm's should get a part time gig or something once all their children are in school. Not saying go out and work 40 hours a week, but like 15 or 20 hours save the money and use it for the kids. kwim?

did you read a word I write? Even a part time job would push us up. Why should they go to work to save money for the kids?

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Hmmm
Im home with my kids when they are home and i work for myself
So how could i be jealous?
I make my own hrs and days

Lol
Funny how the jealous word pops out when its something against sahm

Oh yeah i "still" consider myself a sahm, because im always there for my kids when they need me.
Notice i say "still"
Thats because i am still sah til today.
Was there all day until they went to school full time. And i can have the luxury to be there for them now too.
And its not because i have a hubby to support me and for me to depend on. I made sure i took care of myself before kids and now after kids, all on my own. Im divorced. Im just lucky that what i can do and what i chose to do for a living, i can do it on my time. I can adjust my schedule.
So im a working stay at home mom. So if i want, i can take off a day or two here and there and a wk off for vacations and the whole summer off too.
So much for your theory!
Lol
Good try

Oh
Trust me i dont want to just hang around wasting my life and feel jealous of bf x being a sah
Like i said im home with my kids just like a sahm
I know by what i do, i will always have it better than her no matter what because i never and dont depend on a man to support me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm, jealous of SAHM's much???

I think someone has a little chip on her shoulder since her DH's X  was a SAHM and DH dosen't want the new wifey to be.

Just because you are upest at DH's X for getting to be a stay at home mom when her and your DH were married but yet DH doesn't want you to be one doesn't mean that you should take it out on all SAHM!!!

I'm sorry but ALL I see is jealousy in your post!

Quoting SnapIt:

Wealthy or not
Get a job

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting SnapIt:

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting MamatoKy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamatoKy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN