Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dogs at holiday dinner...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

So, would you allow someone to bring their dog to your house for Thanksgiving or X-Mas dinner? Not as in visiting you for the holidays but JUST THAT ONE DAY FOR 4-8 hours?

And how do you feel about people that take a dog everywhere and not consider the homeowner's feelings. NOT at my house FYI

*edited whole post. forget about brother and his dog, that wasn't the point. the point was the above ^ question*

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

No. Dogs aren't allowed in my home for any reason.
Unless of course I meet someone with a service dog.

LectioDivina
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

He doesn't need to bring the dog...

LovelyCorrupt
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM
It would ultimately be moms decision because its her house. Hd should respect that ur kiddo is terrified tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2littledaisies
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I wouldn't because my daschund has a major issue with marking his territory and already tries to act not house broken so I'd be afraid he would pee all over my dang house if someone brought their dog over so i wouldn't want people bringing their dogs to my house.. However my DH granny has holidays at her house and everyone brings their dog, including us .. she tells everyone too. Its been going on for years now and all the dogs get along, they mostly just play outside anyway. I completely understand why someone wouldn't want dogs at their house though. 

AJB163
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
The only person who has a dog is my dad, and it was the dog I got when I was 16, and he doesn't beg. My dad LOVES this dog and of course so do I... Anyways, he's spending the holiday alone, so I invited my dad and our dog up for Thanksgiving. If somebody unannounced brought their dog to a holiday event, it would bug me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I am a dog lover, but my rule is the same for them as it is with children. If you won't make them behave, they are not welcome in my home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I would say that the dog can stay outside or in a garage if he really has to bring the dog over.  Your house, your rules.

two4one
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM

The dog will be fine at home, That's where he belong if he is as out of control as you say. Especially that you nephew is terrified of dogs. I am a big time dog lover, but even I know that a human is more inmportant in a situation like this.

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM

No I wouldn't. Dogs need to be left at home or with a "dogsitter". my son is terrified of dogs as well and it drives me nuts when otheres bring there dogs to other people houses.

mrs.pina
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Hell no! I don't even let my dog inside the living room or kitchen when it comes to having people over for the holidays, I keep my dog in my room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)