Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't believe in God or an Afterlife anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

And it is really depressing me.

But I can't really believe in those things anymore... It's black and white, there is just no way there is anyone "out there" watching us, there is no "white light, better place" we are going... Sorry, it just doesnt exist.

But I wish I still believed it, then maybe I wouldnt be so terrified of thoughts of dying... so terrified at the idea my existence is just going to stop, blink out like a blown light bulb.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Here's the thing, though. 

When you did believe in God, did you believe that God was what kept you alive?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

no. 

Quoting alwayskk:

alwayskk
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Maybe I misunderstood.

If God wasn't keeping you alive, then why is your risk of dying greater now that you no longer believe?

Quoting Anonymous:

no. 

Quoting alwayskk:

"Go deeper than love, for the soul has greater depth…love is like the grass, but the heart is deep wild rock, ….molten, yet dense and permanent." ~ D. H. Lawrence.

You are the peace of all things calm. You are the place to hide from harm. You are the light that shines in dark. You are the heart’s eternal spark. You are the door that’s open wide. You are the guest who waits inside. You are the stranger at the door. You are the calling of the poor. You are with me still. You are my love, keep me from ill. You are the light, the truth, the way. ~ Oral Celtic Tradition

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

toddler tantrum

MissArtsyPants
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Google the laws of thermodynamics. I think God is silly, but the conservation of energy brings me comfort. It did especially when my dad and then grandfather passed away
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I think you must have. My risk of dying isn't greater... but knowing there is nothing to "look forward too" has increased my anxiety through the roof.

Quoting alwayskk:

Maybe I misunderstood.

If God wasn't keeping you alive, then why is your risk of dying greater now that you no longer believe?

Quoting Anonymous:

no. 

Quoting alwayskk:

babyblue415
by champagne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

damn. if it makes you depressed then can't you just pretend? so u can be happy while existing?   I still belive though.

skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Well if it helps you I died once on the OR table and came back. I can tell you there is a good and heaven.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bright.Eyes
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm going to Heaven. I look foward to my death. I am super excited about fully being with Jesus, face-to-face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM

but is our conciousness seperate from the rest of the energy keeping our body alive? Do we have a "soul"

Quoting MissArtsyPants:

Google the laws of thermodynamics. I think God is silly, but the conservation of energy brings me comfort. It did especially when my dad and then grandfather passed away

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured