Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe in God or an Afterlife anymore

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And it is really depressing me.

But I can't really believe in those things anymore... It's black and white, there is just no way there is anyone "out there" watching us, there is no "white light, better place" we are going... Sorry, it just doesnt exist.

But I wish I still believed it, then maybe I wouldnt be so terrified of thoughts of dying... so terrified at the idea my existence is just going to stop, blink out like a blown light bulb.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Replies (51-57):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Nothing significant... nothing I can really think of. Its almost as if I woke up one day like this.

Quoting Anonymous:

So did something happen to make you stop believing? Just curios as to what changed your mind, if you don't mind sharing.

TB78
by Tasha on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM
my advice op is to just take bits and pieces of what you believe from each religion and the ones that you don't believe let those go.

this is what i am doing and so far it is helping me.

i believe in god but i don't believe in all of the he's up there waiting for us to fail as some "christians" want us to believe. i believe that he is just like any other parent; he gets sad when we make mistakes but he is quick to love us when we admit to our mistakes.

i also believe in the afterlife because if i didn't i wouldn't make it through my everyday life and would be still grieving over my departed loved ones.

many blessings on your journey and i do pray that you find those parts within all religions that give you comfort.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amazzonia
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM

T me is better to bElieve for a simple reason: if you don't believe and there's is an afterlife, god will be disappointed on you for not believing, but if you believe, god will be happy for you choice to believe, and if it turns out there is nothing, well, no bad, you will just not know it, so Is better to believe, there is less to loose :) the most important thing,is to be decent person in this life, to love everyone, to respect everything around you, if you do that you should be happy wether there is an afterlife or not

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM

i believe in an afterlife.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM

this is what i do

Quoting TB78:

my advice op is to just take bits and pieces of what you believe from each religion and the ones that you don't believe let those go.

this is what i am doing and so far it is helping me.

i believe in god but i don't believe in all of the he's up there waiting for us to fail as some "christians" want us to believe. i believe that he is just like any other parent; he gets sad when we make mistakes but he is quick to love us when we admit to our mistakes.

i also believe in the afterlife because if i didn't i wouldn't make it through my everyday life and would be still grieving over my departed loved ones.

many blessings on your journey and i do pray that you find those parts within all religions that give you comfort.

doomshroom
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:59 PM

It gets easier. Trust me.

I actually find comfort in the whole "blinking out of existence" thing now. It took a few years, but it happened.

It's only natural to fear death, and as humans, it's nearly impossible to fathom life simply ending. It's quite comforting to think that life never really ends for us, and that, if we're good, we'll go to a land of lollipops and rainbows. But once you realize that's all it is, just a nice idea, reality starts to set in, and you begin to really appreciate the fact that this life is all we have. It's beautiful.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

But I can't really believe in those things anymore... It's black and white, there is just no way there is anyone "out there" watching us, there is no "white light, better place" we are going... Sorry, it just doesnt exist.

The CafeMom Atheism FAQ

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)