Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe in God or an Afterlife anymore

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And it is really depressing me.

But I can't really believe in those things anymore... It's black and white, there is just no way there is anyone "out there" watching us, there is no "white light, better place" we are going... Sorry, it just doesnt exist.

But I wish I still believed it, then maybe I wouldnt be so terrified of thoughts of dying... so terrified at the idea my existence is just going to stop, blink out like a blown light bulb.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

think of it as inspiration to make this life all that it can and should be. Challenge yourself to be the person that you know you are holding back on.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

MyBabies86
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I don't believe in Heaven and hell...I know there is a God...because he has gotten me threw so much...but as far as where we go after we die...I don't think there is the pearly gates and all that..I think people go to there own personal Heaven and their own personal hell...like my Mama...I personally believe she is reliving her own personal hell...and my daddy is reliving his own personal Heaven...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM
I guess I would feel the same way if I were to deny God. Glad that isn't going to happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM

That did make me smile

Quoting MissArtsyPants:

Quoting Anonymous:

but is our conciousness seperate from the rest of the energy keeping our body alive? Do we have a "soul"

Quoting MissArtsyPants:

Google the laws of thermodynamics. I think God is silly, but the conservation of energy brings me comfort. It did especially when my dad and then grandfather passed away

here it is :)

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM

it is rude and judgemental. Many people once had a very close relationship with God/religion and then no longer believe. Many people who are still into religion went through a time or times of doubt. Doubt is normal. In fact the Bible says have mercy on those who doubt (Jude 1:22). However, in regard to those who place judgement is says judge not lest ye be judged.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I will agree with that. I think it is kind of rude for you to say, but I guess it is the truth. How can I have a relationship with someone who no longer exists?

If I'm going to "hell", then so be it... But it isnt as if I am suddenly some sort of horrible monster for not believing. I still live by "Christian" principles. If God does exist, I am sure he is more understanding than his groupies.

Quoting Anonymous:

If this is how you feel then you never had a personal relationship with Jesus, if you did you would know God is very real and that heaven is a real place and so is hell.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

MissArtsyPants
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

If God is real, then God is real and I will know when I die. I do not feel the need to live by the Bible, though I live by the standards of general civility set by it (as most every human does). I live my life as a good, honest person. I do not think that God will judge me more for carving my own path, finding my own faith, and questioning the words of the holy book written by man than he will for those Christians who think they do good "in the name of God" but are in reality very terrible, judgmental people.
MissArtsyPants
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Good, I am glad it did :) I hope that you find your faith, and regain balance and hope whether it is with God or elsewhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I will always believe in God. I do not believe in attending Church with entertainers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Look into Buddhism. It really helped me calm my fears when I lost my faith.
MissArtsyPants
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Look into Buddhism. It really helped me calm my fears when I lost my faith.

If I were to choose to follow areligion, Buddhism would be my first choice. It is so tranquil, and almost transcendental.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)