Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't believe in God or an Afterlife anymore

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And it is really depressing me.

But I can't really believe in those things anymore... It's black and white, there is just no way there is anyone "out there" watching us, there is no "white light, better place" we are going... Sorry, it just doesnt exist.

But I wish I still believed it, then maybe I wouldnt be so terrified of thoughts of dying... so terrified at the idea my existence is just going to stop, blink out like a blown light bulb.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Replies (41-50):
amazzonia
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:13 PM

D you have any prove that god doesn't exist? If not you can't say it for sure, and if it makes you feel bettere believing, than believe, no one can't deny something that has no proof of not existing....same argument atheist have, just turned the other way, no one is right or wrong when it comes to god 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Quoting MissArtsyPants:

Quoting Anonymous:

Look into Buddhism. It really helped me calm my fears when I lost my faith.

If I were to choose to follow areligion, Buddhism would be my first choice. It is so tranquil, and almost transcendental.

I have some friends who are into all that "new age/energy/Wicca" kind of stuff. I know I need something so Ive been thinking about going and asking about it. Buddhism also sounds really calming. 

If it weren't for the whole heaven/hell/God thing, Catholicism would be an option... I like how its almost meditative how they pray the rosary and the repetitiveness. KWIM... 

I will always have a deep respect for people who have that faith... And I know I need something to believe in... Hopefully brainstorming with all you understanding ladies helps... So far I have got a little hope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I dont have absolute proof either way. The evidence against God/Heaven is a lot more concrete though. 

I know I need something, but I dont think I can go back to what I had. 

With the exception of one or two replies , you have all really helped. Honestly, I thank each and every one of you. 

Quoting amazzonia:

D you have any prove that god doesn't exist? If not you can't say it for sure, and if it makes you feel bettere believing, than believe, no one can't deny something that has no proof of not existing....same argument atheist have, just turned the other way, no one is right or wrong when it comes to god 

MissArtsyPants
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Go for it! Explore all your options. We all need to have faith in something, or else life seems so hopeless and dark. Most people have tried Yoga at one point or another, if you havent, i would suggest it. You become so connected with yourself, and i always feel so fulfilled and happy after a session :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I lost my faith some years ago. I no longer believe in God, Heaven or Hell. It is a personal decision and if someone judges you for it... good-bye. I feel that when we die we either get reborn or stay a spirit. That is what gets me through rough times. Good luck in your ventures. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

We die,become worm food and cease to exist.That doesnt change no matter what your "beliefs" are. Some people need something bigger than themselves to believe in. So they are not afraid to die,or afraid to lose loved ones. Because they truly believe they will see them in heaven and live on happily in heaven.

Personally I think people need to step out of the middle ages and stop believing in such crap,but to each his own I guess.

No sense in being afraid to die,just live everyday like its your last.You cant stop death,you need to accept that one day..it is gonna happen.

Kitschy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I don't believe in God or afterlife but I don't believe it's just lights out either. We are made of energy, and energy never dies it just transforms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Quoting MissArtsyPants:

Quoting Anonymous:

Go for it! Explore all your options. We all need to have faith in something, or else life seems so hopeless and dark. Most people have tried Yoga at one point or another, if you havent, i would suggest it. You become so connected with yourself, and i always feel so fulfilled and happy after a session :)

Thank you :D... I am so glad I decided to post this. DH is a Christian to his very core, and gets so frustrated when I try to talk about how I've been feeling. I end up feeling worse. But its something Ive been struggling with for a couple months now and needed to get off my chest.

rockinmomnwife
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I just know God is real. I have had too much in my life happen that I know came from him. A lot of bible prophecy is being fulfilled and if more gets fulfilled then I hope people start finding the truth about God. (But many people do not know much about bible prophecy).
I am really sorry you feel that way and as much as I wish you could find true happiness in God, I hope you can at least find happiness somewhere else. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM
So did something happen to make you stop believing? Just curios as to what changed your mind, if you don't mind sharing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)