Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you IRRESPONSIBLE? I bet many are.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you a responsible pet owner and are ALL your cats/dogs fixed?

Options:

Yes, and I rock!

No, I suck!

I breed and abuse them

I breed and care for them

I hate all animals

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 691

View Results

Are you an irresponsible pet owner failing to get your cat/dog fixed? Allowing them to breed?

Do you know that the percentage is extremely high that those cute little kittens and puppies your mutt produces end up in a shelter, put down, or worse, murdered by a humon being?

Why would you allow your pets to breed knowing that many will end up homeless or dead? Does this excite you?

FOR THOSE THAT TRUELY CARE ABOUT THEIR PETS AND GET THEM FIXED. YOU ROCK!

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Replies (391-400):
luvcloudydays
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM
THERE IS ONE VERY IMPORTANT OPTION MISSING IN THIS POLL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Our dog came from the shelter fixed, last time we owned a cat he was also fixed. No pet babies.
momof3superkids
by Lisa on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Had my cat fixed more than 15 years ago when she was only 8 weeks old.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Its medically beneficial for her to get spayed. Not just so she won't get pregnant.

Quoting shygurl3166:

My dog isn't fixed because she is ALWAYS in my line of sight. Why put her in pain when I've no need to do so? She is happy, well fed and taken care of. We love her like a daughter. She's a golden retriever, as I say she is always where I can see her so being fixed isn't an issue. I think its rude and disrespectful to say all pet owners who don't fix their animals are irresponsible or hate their animals or suck. Grow up and learn a little about the world before you make generalized statements. That's like me saying every black persons going to rob me just because one black man did. Or every person with more than one baby daddy is a slut and whore. Smh - your ignorance is showing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Same here with Kovu. He isn't even fertile to begin with, but I'm not going to breed him and bring more kittens into this world just because one of my coworkers wants one and can't afford the Savannah cat price tag.

Quoting tifferie:

Oh and people got on me all the time because I fixed my champion english bulldog. Umm I don't wanna take care of puppies and I am not a breeder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM

oh????

Quoting luvcloudydays:

THERE IS ONE VERY IMPORTANT OPTION MISSING IN THIS POLL

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

elzingah36
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM
We have three cats...all fixed,declawed,and up to date on shots. We have one dog,also spayed and up to date on all shots. For the past 9 months we've been feeding and taking care of a family of strays. There's mama(the name we gave her),splotch(her daughter),jett(beautiful black kitty,her son),scar(her other son),& mitch(he's not related but hangs out with this family). We've also started to see a small calico kitten and a large fluffy orange cat that need tending to as well. The family of cats,including mitch,we've managed to round them all up to not only get them all fixed but got then their shots as well. We need the calico and the orange cat to get to know us better before we'll be able get them in the cat carrier to bring them to the vet. Also,we're in Michigan,so it's getting quite cold. Mitch will come in on a regular schedule to my sons room for about 10-12hrs to sleep and eat,then he'll want back out. Splotch has come in only to be chased downstairs by our small dog. So for now,they've all been eating,sleeping,and using the litter(yes,we've litter-trained them all) on our back porch. There's no real insulation so it's cold. Because of the dog everyone(besides mitch) doesn't want in. So,we're going to buy a extra large dog house,set it up with hay(for warmth) and some soft blankets and cat beds for extra cozyness. Hopefully it'll keep them warm and safe and they'll be able to still come and go as they please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandy575
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:51 AM
I have 3 male cats and they are all altered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladyteancum
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:12 AM

My older dog is fixed. The puppy will when he is old enough. The vet says six months. So 2 to go.

angierose7679
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:13 AM
I rock. YAY me :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured