Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you IRRESPONSIBLE? I bet many are.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are you a responsible pet owner and are ALL your cats/dogs fixed?

Options:

Yes, and I rock!

No, I suck!

I breed and abuse them

I breed and care for them

I hate all animals

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 862

View Results

Are you an irresponsible pet owner failing to get your cat/dog fixed? Allowing them to breed?

Do you know that the percentage is extremely high that those cute little kittens and puppies your mutt produces end up in a shelter, put down, or worse, murdered by a humon being?

Why would you allow your pets to breed knowing that many will end up homeless or dead? Does this excite you?

FOR THOSE THAT TRUELY CARE ABOUT THEIR PETS AND GET THEM FIXED. YOU ROCK!

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

My cats were fixed within a month of getting them. They are both adult rescues. I actually wasn't planning to keep the male but got him fix since that would make it easier to re-home him. Of course, I could resist his cuddly self and kept him.

Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
All of our pets were adopted from the ASPCA or humane society so they were fixed before we got them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thibmom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
The doctor I work for spayed my cat. :) And I will spay or neuter any animal I get. Aside from overpopulation of strays, the health benefits are a big reason to spay or neuter. Ever had a female dog suffer from pyometra? Or a male dog develop prostate cancer? Those are not fun...and the costs of surgery and treatment are not nice on the checkbook either. The poor animals suffer immensely from those...some are not even able to be saved. It's a sad situation. We see that a good bit where I work, and it is upsetting because it is easily prevented. Most excuses we hear are of men not wanting to rob their animals manhood. Or owners who don't want to take anything out of their females because they are made that way. Well...if you are dead set on not being a responsible breeder, then fix them! I know when my reproductive organs start causing me problems, I will have them removed. No sense in keeping something you have no use for. It'll keep your animal happy and healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
3 moms liked this
Husband's cat is currently harboring a grudge on me for taking him to get his balls snipped. That cat is plotting to do murder on me, I'm telling you. If I vanish, tell the cops the neutered cat finally drug me off and buried me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

All of our cats/dogs have been fixed, except for one. We had a stray cat that we took in and cared for, but couldn't afford getting her fixed. She got preggers, and had a litter. A few months later, we moved, and couldn't take 8 cats with us, so we gave them to my cousin who lived on a farm. She had them all fixed.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I dont think you can fix a turtle :O

Quoting tinkerbelle18:

Two cats, fixed. Two dogs, fixed, Two rats, fixed. Woo Hoo, I totally rock! Oh wait, my tortoises aren't fixed. I only rock a little.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

Jess0915
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

No! I suck! Lol. All my animals, but one are fixed. He's just reached the age where he can breed though, so he's going in very soon. He's a cat. And no we don't have any cats or kittens going on here. We have one female dog, she's been fixed for about 7 years. And we have three cats, one female and two males, one of the males is the one getting fixed soon.

bcoll
by Brandi on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I have one cat, she's fixed. She sees the vet on time and has her own pet medical insurance lol. We're good :)

Grandma.grandma
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I'm not fixing my pug because we want puppies.
edelweiss23
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM
All 4 cats are fixed.
Our dog is a pure breed and isn't fixed yet. We want to breed her once.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)