Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I saw a car accident yesterday

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That could have easily been me.  The car behind me was creamed. Another car jumped the median and slammed into her. Luckily everyone was okay. Both cars are more than likely totaled.  The car that got hit was brand new dealer tags still on it.  That lady was freaked out.  I got her as calm as I could, we moved her car out of the way to keep it from being hit again, then I just sat with her until the ambulance came.  I felt so bad for her.  She was really young. The other lady who jumped the median seemed to be okay.  She had been driving like a bat out of hell.  Like she was on the run.  Not sure what happened to her.  But had I been just a second slower it would have been me in that accident. And it would have hit right where my dd was sitting.  She would have been seriously injured.  The lady who was hit had no one in the car.  Several people stopped.  That lady narrowly missed several people. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Replies (11-15):
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM
This scares me. :( im on 80 east bound and im waiting for a tow truck because i have a flat with a stupid hole in it. Its freaking pouring and the cars are just whipping by me. I dont want to get munched!
ATG499
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
This is one of the reasons the "car seat Nazis" are so serious about safety. If your kid isn't in the seat correctly, and if the seat isn't in the car correctly, it can't do its job of protecting the kid.

Glad everyone is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytothree07
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Poor girl
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I have seen a few, and been in one myself. The one I was in I couldn't see the stop sign because it was being covered by trees and couldn't stop in time when a van came speeding out in front of me. I had never been on that road before so I didn't know the sign was there. The lady was actually found at fault over that accident though because she was doing at least 45 in a 25.

Saw my mom get hit while turning into our driveway (she still has glass in her shoulder from that), saw someone decide they were no longer waiting for the light to turn green (had been stopped at light) and try to speed through and hit someone, then the last was on the freeway a few months ago. A truck cut off an SUV and clipped its front end just right it went sliding across the highway and back again. It was only about 4 cars a head of us but luckily we were able to stop in time so we didnt get hit too.

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM
About 7 years ago I was in a major car accident, I was extremely lucky to walk away. I was making a left turn on to a fairy busy street in my cute Dodge Neon. I never even saw the truck that hit me coming at all. I heard the brakes and then the impact. On the drivers side, back door and just an inch from crushing the drivers seat. I got hit by a big Dodge Ram truck. He hit me so hard I spun around 180, my foot was still on the gas and somehow the momentum caused me to hit him as he barreled past me, trying to stop. It was very scary, but I'm glad I wasn't hurt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)