Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I saw a car accident yesterday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

That could have easily been me.  The car behind me was creamed. Another car jumped the median and slammed into her. Luckily everyone was okay. Both cars are more than likely totaled.  The car that got hit was brand new dealer tags still on it.  That lady was freaked out.  I got her as calm as I could, we moved her car out of the way to keep it from being hit again, then I just sat with her until the ambulance came.  I felt so bad for her.  She was really young. The other lady who jumped the median seemed to be okay.  She had been driving like a bat out of hell.  Like she was on the run.  Not sure what happened to her.  But had I been just a second slower it would have been me in that accident. And it would have hit right where my dd was sitting.  She would have been seriously injured.  The lady who was hit had no one in the car.  Several people stopped.  That lady narrowly missed several people. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I hate asshole drivers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Wow...glad you and your DD are okay, and that no one was seriously injured. I hate people who aren't careful when they're driving, especially young people. I see so many people run red lights and stop signs here, they don't take it into consideration that there are other people on the roads, who have precious cargo with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting thetrollcat:

I hate asshole drivers

Me too..  It was just a short road. No reason to be going as fast as she was going. She could have easily killed someone. 

shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Wow... I am glad everyone is alright...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow...glad you and your DD are okay, and that no one was seriously injured. I hate people who aren't careful when they're driving, especially young people. I see so many people run red lights and stop signs here, they don't take it into consideration that there are other people on the roads, who have precious cargo with them.

The lady who caused tha accident didn't seem real young. The one who was hit was.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I know, but i was pointing out that there are a lot of young careless drivers. regardless of age, everyone should be careful and mindful of other people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

The lady who caused tha accident didn't seem real young. The one who was hit was.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting shortcakes13:

Me too. It is scary to think had I just been a second later it would have been us.  And it is usually not our way home.  I have no idea why I went that way

Schleetle
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Oh how scary! When my daughter was maybe a month old we were driving south to Atlanta, and on the northbound side a car cut off a semi, and it jackknifed across the highway straight towards us. Thank goodness for one of the only times ever that highway wasn't busy, and no one was around us so DH was able to get out of the way, but I almost had a heart attack, and this poor truck driver flew right into guardrail. We tried to get the license plate of the other car - he came over to the southbound side too, uturned then sped off way too fast so we weren't able to. The truck driver was okay, and so happy we didn't get hit with my new baby in the backseat.
armstrong7984
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM

ive seen one that was right behind us on the freeway, it was a major one looked like it couldve been on tv. The car behind us in the fast lane hit the railing to the left side of us then bounced off and went across two lanes then hit the tow truck, then that car slid on its side then another car that was in the middle lane hit the car on its side...it was insane and we had no cell phones on us.

we went from being on a busy freeway with lots of cars behind us to being the only car. I was in shock.

shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I had a similar thing happen to me... I was driving to work and a suburban was crossing over the highway and she ran right into the pick up in front of me... if I would have been one minute earlier I would have been hit... and my car would have been totaled... I was in a little jetta and that suburban would have done some damage... everyone was alright thank goodness...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting shortcakes13:

Me too. It is scary to think had I just been a second later it would have been us.  And it is usually not our way home.  I have no idea why I went that way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)