Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so powerless.. want to cry

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My stbxh won't pay cs and keeps giving me the run-around. I've tried to talk to the cs office for 3 months about doing something about it but they keep telling me they can't do anything yet. I've tried applying for jobs online but no response and we can't afford childcare for me to go to school. Cs is the only way ill be able to afford their christmas presents but now I might not even be able to do that (and im not asking my df to pay for them either bc its not his responsibility). I have this sinking feeling he's going to keep the money and buy the presents he wants but won't pay me until after. I'm a wreck, I can't stop crying and feel like such a piece of sh** bc I probably won't be able to give my kids the Christmas I want them to have.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Replies (21-28):
Caitlin1983
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Oh honey, they're only 1? They won't know the difference. Go to the dollar store, buy some cheap crayons and coloring books and wrap it all individually. They'll be thrilled!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Im not looking for a handout, trust me. He messaged me this morning and I needed to vent

Quoting mommy_me:

Oh good grief

ihave1
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Im so  sorry.  I wish I knew what to do.  Just keep trying is all I got.   I've got a hug for you tho. hugs

erica7227
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Ugh what a jerk. You shouldn't have quit school though (I'm sure you realize that now). An education is something you get for yourself & your family. I was a single working mom also finishing my degree. If I did it, you can do it too! I know that doesn't help you this minute, but you have to think about the future.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im applying for any job I even remotely could fill. I quit college when I got prego bc he promised marriage and to care for me (lasted all of 2 months before I found out he was cheating)

Quoting Anonymous:

Number one rule about getting child support, never expect, or depend on it because sadly some men are just like you ex and don't take care of their responsibility. I got pregnant as a teen and my mom told me those exact words. I took them in and got a education in nursing because I knew it would always be in demand. My son gets child support but it goes directly in to a savings account for him. I didn't want to relay on anyones money, because things like this happen and kids miss out.

Are you applying for jobs in your career field? Or do you not have a education.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Why not let your df buy gifts? If you're going to marry this man he's going to be a father figure to them. Don't count on worthless men that don't care. At 2 they won't know what they get.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Yes you are or you wouldn't have posted this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not looking for a handout, trust me. He messaged me this morning and I needed to vent

Quoting mommy_me:

Oh good grief

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Its no ones responsibility to take care of these boys but me and stbxh. If I want help ill have a sit down with my family.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes you are or you wouldn't have posted this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommy_me:

Oh good grief

2monstersmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I'm sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured