Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wwyd? Advice needed please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My ex boyfriend (father of my children) & his girlfriend were arrested early this morning for basically fighting each other. A similar incident happened a few weeks ago, but they weren't arrested. Cps were contacted after both incidents since their 'fights' were when the kids (ours & her kids) were in their care.

I should've filed an order stating she can't be around them after the first encounter with the police. Honestly, a social worker came to talk to all of us, I thought things were going ok. I even told him I didn't want her around them anymore & he made it seem like she wasn't. Iknow I don't want my children around those two together so they won't be going to his house unless she's no where around.

I know there are 2 sides to evey story, but I'd believe my ex over her based on past encounters with his girlfriend. So what would you do? Tell him either she goes or your weekends with them are over? Obviously I'm not gonna keep him away from them
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM
In general you cant dictate who your ex has around your kids when its his time. There might be different stipulations since cops were there for domestic violence but idk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

If their actions caused CPS to get involved with my kids, I would only let him see the kids under my supervision and I would definitely make it clear that she is not to be around them.

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I would make sure they weren't together if he has the kids. If they were both arrested it had to be traumatic for the kids. Someone needs to stand up for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM
BTW I was told this by a judge...
cupcake_mom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

i would keep them from going over there unless you can 100% garuntee she wont be there.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I wouldn't let the kids over there for an overnight for a long while. That's just unhealthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Thankfully the kids were asleep when it happened & by the time I got them ready to go, they were already gone. But I absolutely agree

Quoting Lostinindy:

I would make sure they weren't together if he has the kids. If they were both arrested it had to be traumatic for the kids. Someone needs to stand up for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Really? I thought you could say their so couldn't be around their children unless they were married

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

In general you cant dictate who your ex has around your kids when its his time. There might be different stipulations since cops were there for domestic violence but idk.

paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Nope ... atleast not in my state (PA) ... as I said there might be different stipulations due to the violence but idk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? I thought you could say their so couldn't be around their children unless they were married

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Well is CPS talking to the judge involved in your case?  I know I would be talking to the judge about it and asking if this is a safe environment for your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)