Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often do you go out?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How often do you go out and do something just you? Lunch with friends, movies, a walk, anything, just YOU time? How often does DH go out with friends or do something he wants?

I haven't gone out in over six months. my life consists of cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, running them here and there, doing whatever DH needs me to do. I don't have many friends, and the two friends I do have are both single moms with multiple children, and they can never find a sitter, nor afford to do anything. Dh has a few friends, and he's often gone out. He's gone to the movies and had game nights several times in the last couple of months. I'm always home with the kids. My parents are elderly and not in great health, so they can't watch them like they used to, and his mom works constantly. I don't like asking friends to babysit, although I do babysit their kids sometimes.

My BFF asked if I wanted to go see Twilight with her tonight, and while I hate the series and movies, I'm going to go because I'm just run down and exhausted, and just need a break away.. My 20 yo sister is home from college for break, so she's going to babysit them...I'm just hoping BFF's dad can watch her kids, or else we can't go. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Replies (11-18):
bchic24
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Rarely. Once every couple of months hubby and I get a date night! Yay! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Every other weekend when my girls go to their dads house. Although I miss them, I'm grateful I get a break. One of the perks of divorce I guess!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I go to exercise class several times a week and my husband and I have a date night at least once a month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I could every week day, I just don't care to do things all by myself, besides errands and things. I do go to lunch once a week with DH(when he's home) or with my SIL.
I am a SAHM and my kids are in school full time.
nrichardson89
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Does work count?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ratchetlee
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Never.....maybe once/year

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:28 AM

With friends, once every other month.  I just went out Friday.  I had a sushi date with one (she had to go home and get ready for work afterward) and another one met up with me to go shopping.  It would be more (and I am invited to go out every week or more) but school and the kids and work keep me busy enough.  My friends completely understand.  I get a TON of alone time otherwise.  I work by myself, go shopping by myself, I go jogging at school and sometimes I treat myself to lunch between classes.  I also go to study groups with my classmates, sometimes we just hang out on campus waiting for the next class.  I also go to lectures and dinners for the American Chemical Society and between Chemistry Club, Math and Physics Club, Tri-Beta and ASPIRE, I get plenty of enjoyable and intellectual grown up time.  My husband and I sneak off on lunch or dinner dates if I get out of school or work early and he just so happens to be home.  We also have our own little dates at home after the kids go to sleep or before they wake up.

My husband hangs out with his friends after work for a few hours a few times a week.  Sometimes they go to the bar or local shows or out to eat.  He also plays with them on Xbox live almost every day.

My kids are in daycare, it has made all of us much happier.  My DH and I get the time we need to ourselves, we no longer stress about our work/school schedules conflicting and we can get much more done without the kids before we come home (grocery shopping, bank run, etc).  The kids LOVE daycare too.  They get to play outside on the playground, do arts and crafts, watch movies, dance and play with other kids.  My DD gets upset when I pick her up early because she has so much fun and she loves her friends.  We also get to see daddy more since we are no longer stuck with opposite schedules.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:29 AM
last. Friday iwent to a club with my bff.its the frist time in 2 yrs that I go outburst myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)