Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 11 year old niece just revealed to me..... * An edit for the closed minded

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

that she is a lesbian. She says she has known since she was 9. Im the 1st person she has told. I told her no matter what road she takes in life that I will ALWAYS be here, in her corner supporting & loving her.

She wants me to stand with her while she tells hers parents -- of course I will my sweet girl!

---- EDIT:: I knew at age 11 that I liked boys & thought they were cute, so why is it so hard for some of you people to believe that she knows she likes girls at this age??? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM
This.

And no confusion there, nothing has changed since except I am more open about it.

Quoting mstricey:

I knew I was attracted to girls when I was that age, maybe even younger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM
She is lucky to have an adult in her life that will be her cheerleader no matter what! Way to go!!!!!!!r!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I knew I was attracted to both boys and girls from 9 too. I'm 28 and I still am. Your awesome for being supportive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Well good for her, she knows who she is and is going to be open and honest and not hide her true self.  I hope that everyone supports her as much as you do; I think it's wonderful that she feels free to be open and honest.  

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this

SERIOUSLY!?

My 6 yo knows about the LGBT community. He knows that some men like men, some women like women, and some people like both. Why should that be a hidden concept on children?

People will brainwash their kids to believe a god exists rather than the possibility.

People tell their kids Santa/Tooth Fairy/etc exist.

But some of these same people want to hide the fact that there are sometimes families different than the ones you're raising them in?

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

Is she seeing her choice of women from a sexual or emotional standpoint. At 11 she shouldn't kno abt the sexual aspects of girl on girl. Is there something deeper that she may not be telling u?

MommyofSoso
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Good for you! And if parents can know when a kid is 4 I dont see how she wouldnt know at 11. I hope her parents take it well and are as accepting as you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM
I had a "girlfriend" in middle school. I am definitely not a lesbian. I'm not trying to be rude but it IS a phase for lots of people and at that age I wouldn't be suprised. I just wouldn't rule out having a nephew in law at some point in the future.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm bi and married with a child ....

Quoting kattu:

You can still be bisexual and married to a man.

Quoting Ultra_:

I knew about 30 girls who were "lesbian" or "bi" at that age through 16. Now, all but maybe 3 are straight, married and have children with their husbands. Sometimes it's them knowing, sometimes it's confusion and it could also be pressure or wanting to be "in".

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Do you even know that at 11? Honest question.. very awesome of you to support her though!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Agreed. She will need your support and love.

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

clapping fingers crossedGood luck and awesome job Auntie...... You are a good woman!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah.xo
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:17 PM
You're a wonderful auntie for supporting her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)