Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Thanksgiving HELP ME PLEASE!

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay, so I have to cook Thanksgiving for a rather LARGE family and by large I mean like 30 people. I have yet to even start figuring all this stuff out as I had the flu :( Anyway, what are dishes that you do for thanksgiving? Also anyone know ways to save money?

Photobucket 

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ashleywright88
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM

BUMP!

alouya21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:33 PM

this year we are not doing much.

we are cooking a ham, green beans and can potatos mixed together, homemade mac salad, and having guest bring a dish and a dring.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, this weirdly delicious jello and sour cream thing ( I hate jello, but it is amazing), sticky rolls, pies... I am sure there is more but my mind just went blank
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I would have everyone bring something....
schatzi869
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:37 PM
We go to my dad and step mom's for Thanksgiving. She's an amazing cook! She makes ham, turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, an olive and pickle tray, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, and this weird cranberry sauce/jello/cool whip thing. Oh, and pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and my dad makes his secret cheesecake recipe. We always bring pop and wine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:37 PM
I'm making turkey, homemade stuffing, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn on the cob, mac n cheese, rolls, and for dessert apple pie, cherry pie, and chocolate cake.

I'm cooking for at least 20 people. Yay......... not. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
greeniemommy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:38 PM

with that many people i would go a head and do a turkey and ham .. we do 3 diffrent veggies cause all dont like the same .. potatos .. rolls .. all kinds of treats .. cookies .. candies .. pies .. brownies .. and much more .. id say shop walmart if u have one that does the grocery i find i save almost 50% shopping there also watch for coupons i added 15 in saving to my bill this last trip ..

ashleywright88
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM

BUMP for more replies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)