Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession..I don't care if teenagers have sex.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
4 moms liked this
I don't care if teenagers have sex. If they are safe about it and know all the possible outcomes I really truly do not care if they have it. I also don't think parents should use a scare tactic when it comes to sex, I think that will ruin some of the magic when they do choose to have it.

Please don't say I hope you are ready to become a grandma. I bet half of your teens will have sex.

I just want my kids to be safe and knowledgable. I don't see it as some sacred thing.

For the record I will tell them that I hope they wait until they are at least 18 and in a loving relationship but ultimately the decision is up to them.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!  My sides!  

Good luck with this shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My boys are not allowed to date until they have a job
becciguffey
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I agree 100% because I was a teen mom and if I could have had an open conversation with my mom about sex I probably wouldn't have been. I was put on antibiotics that countered the birth control my mom didn't know I was on. Since she didn't know I couldn't tell pharmacist or doctor. So they couldn't tell me the risk.

crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM
3 moms liked this

I think knowledge is power and kids should know how to be safe but also encouraged to not have premarital sex

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM

This part I agree with for sure. I still care though. I mean it's just a weird factor to me with my innocent child being sexual. I think it's weird that I was sexual so young. I really shouldnt have been. Though this part is very right. We will NEVER be able to stop it from happening when it does. Unless you lock them in a cage.

Quoting Anonymous:

For the record I will tell them that I hope they wait until they are at least 18 and in a loving relationship but ultimately the decision is up to them.

SweetPoison
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

iI completely agree with you OP.

There is NOT POINT in SCARING THEM into not having sex. It's not going to work, it's going to push them to not trust you, and they probaly will end up doing it and not protecting themselves.

I believe in information and openess..

I am going to educate my kids and teach them about protecting themselves, the risks for having sex young, that young relationships don't always last..and that I hope they wait until they are older and with someone they truly love.

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother used the scare tactic on me when I was a teen.  I still had sex though, however, I made damn well sure I didnt get pregnant lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM
I bet half your teens are already having sex !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Honestly I kind of agree with you. We make such a big deal out of it no wonder the want to do it. Also we make more of a deal of it then what we teach them. All we do is nag and nag and nag and then expect our teenagers to listen when it truly is important.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)