Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession..I don't care if teenagers have sex.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't care if teenagers have sex. If they are safe about it and know all the possible outcomes I really truly do not care if they have it. I also don't think parents should use a scare tactic when it comes to sex, I think that will ruin some of the magic when they do choose to have it.

Please don't say I hope you are ready to become a grandma. I bet half of your teens will have sex.

I just want my kids to be safe and knowledgable. I don't see it as some sacred thing.

For the record I will tell them that I hope they wait until they are at least 18 and in a loving relationship but ultimately the decision is up to them.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I raise my kids one day knowing that they will be set free and make their own decisions. I do not run their life, I simpily fill them up with good values and beliefs. I will never ever punish my kids for having sex because I don't believe its wrong to have sex (granted both parties permit it and both are minors or adults)

Quoting Anonymous:

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!  My sides!  

Good luck with this shit.

KyrinM
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I see it this way, sooner or later a teen will decide to have sex.  So the best thing I can do as a parent is to make them aware of all the consequences, from how it can affect your body, your relationships with your peers, how to prevent pregnancy & disease.  Along with the various reasons to have sex & the reasons not to.  I disagree with insisting on abstinance, really we are very curious creatures, what is this thing called sex that adults are so into but feel we need to wait on?  Half the time teens have sex just to find out what it is, how it feels, etc.  The big problem is that we have made sex & our bodies these huge mysteries, then stuck a big fat "Don't Look AT THis" label on it, then wonder why they are curious.  Take away the mystery, tell them what it is about, let them learn their bodies & not be afraid of them.  Dispell the mystery, they won't be as interested in trying it if they know what it is all about.  Half of the fun of it is doing something you know you aren't supposed to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe in waiting for marriage but I give props to anyone who does. I will teach my child to wait until they are in a loving relationship.

Quoting crescentstar2:

I think knowledge is power and kids should know how to be safe but also encouraged to not have premarital sex

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM

The only magic that comes out of having sex ends after 9 months and ends with a baby. That is the ONLY magic I see out of teen sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I raise my kids one day knowing that they will be set free and make their own decisions. I do not run their life, I simpily fill them up with good values and beliefs. I will never ever punish my kids for having sex because I don't believe its wrong to have sex (granted both parties permit it and both are minors or adults)

Quoting Anonymous:

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!  My sides!  

Good luck with this shit.

No Honey, I mean, good luck with this post.  It's a good thing you are liberal-minded, because you, my dear, are about to take it up the ass in here.

babiegurl47
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I agree. I was 15 when I started and no talk from anyone would have stopped me. I was with my bf at the time for over a yr. I was ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I agree.... 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe in waiting for marriage but I give props to anyone who does. I will teach my child to wait until they are in a loving relationship.

Quoting crescentstar2:

I think knowledge is power and kids should know how to be safe but also encouraged to not have premarital sex

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on their age. But I happen to agree with you. I feel most teens are going to have sex whether the parents approve of it or not. That being said, I wouldn't be comfortable being in the same house knowing my DD was currently having sex and me just be like, Go for it. That's my baby! I don't really want to know when it's going on as long as I know she's with someone special to her and they are doing it safely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I so agree.

Quoting KyrinM:

I see it this way, sooner or later a teen will decide to have sex.  So the best thing I can do as a parent is to make them aware of all the consequences, from how it can affect your body, your relationships with your peers, how to prevent pregnancy & disease.  Along with the various reasons to have sex & the reasons not to.  I disagree with insisting on abstinance, really we are very curious creatures, what is this thing called sex that adults are so into but feel we need to wait on?  Half the time teens have sex just to find out what it is, how it feels, etc.  The big problem is that we have made sex & our bodies these huge mysteries, then stuck a big fat "Don't Look AT THis" label on it, then wonder why they are curious.  Take away the mystery, tell them what it is about, let them learn their bodies & not be afraid of them.  Dispell the mystery, they won't be as interested in trying it if they know what it is all about.  Half of the fun of it is doing something you know you aren't supposed to. 

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I started having sex when I was 17. Got pregnant at 19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN