Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, I don't consider it a baby

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM
  • 40 Replies
5 moms liked this

I have had several miscarriages. One of which I held the little grey blob of tissue in my hand. 

I have PCOS. Often with PCOS the ovaries release blighted ovum, which are fertilized eggs that will never be babies. They are flawed and will never grow any bigger than a tomato. These pregnancies always end in miscarriage.

I have learned over the years with my pregnancies to not consider myself truly pregnant until I either feel it move, or hear the heartbeat in a sonogram.

This is my right. You can consider whatever you like to be a baby, but you don't have the right to tell me that I should consider those miscarriages babies.

If it makes me feel better to not consider them children, that is my right. If it makes you feel better to take pictures of your shriveled, grey baby wearing a dress and display them to the world, that's your coping process. I won't say anything unless you tell me that I should do the same.

I am angry enough that I am not even bothering to go anon.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:49 PM

BUMP!

Mater-three
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:50 PM

BUMP!

tastelikeyum
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM

WOOOOOOOW well whatever helps you get through it. Do you have any kids at all?

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:51 PM

You tell them girl!

Ireallydontcare
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I have every right to tell you whatever the f I want, but you also have the right to tell me to take a flying leap off a tall bridge.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Two, both of whom came from pregnancies that occurred directly after a miscarriage. My OB said said that sometimes a miscarriage can be needed in order for there to be later pregnancies.

Quoting tastelikeyum:

WOOOOOOOW well whatever helps you get through it. Do you have any kids at all?

kymom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. I think you have every right to feel the way you do. I have never had a miscarriage. I have no idea what it feels like emotionally. Even if I had had 1000, I have no right to tell you how you should feel. Neither does anyone else.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I agree with you.

gr8d8n3mom
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Everyone has the right to their own opinion or ideas. We are still a free country.

My daughter was diagnosed with PCOS, I was unaware of the ovulation of the egg process with that, I am sorry for you, as I know what she is going thru. She wants children one day.

junebaby11
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Its yout right to feel any way you want we are,all human, but we are all different, we all cope differently, u do whats best for u and not worry about others, i would suggest though if u do have friends who have miscarried late not to say its not a baby to them u can if u want but that would be very insensitive and i doubt theyd be your friend again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured