Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It Is Just Sex! s/o 13yr old having sex post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies
9 moms liked this

When did people become so casual about sex?  Why is it that sex just isn't a big deal anymore?

I read comment in the other post where people were saying "it is just sex don't freak out."  I don't get it; shouldn't sex be a big deal?

Maybe it is the lazy; it's just sex, attitude that people in this world take now that so many children are having sex.  They don't see that it is a big deal.

I just don't get it.  I grew up when sex was a major decision & feel it should be a major decision & have taught my children it is a very big decision.

And yes I get many do that; this is just coming from all the "it is just sex" comments I saw.  Sex is a big deal or at least it should be.  Am I wrong?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:05 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't think you are wrong, but seems that our opinion is the minority these days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree if they are under the age of 18.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I have to admit I agree. ..but like pp says we are the minority

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I agree with you. I would flip out if my minor child was having sex. I would obviously educate them on safety and pregnancy but I would also keep a tighter leash on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree my little princess will be raised to keep her legs closed and not act like a complete slut !!!

minnesotamommie
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM

if the girl in that post was mine she would have been grounded... for life...

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM

You're right. I was shocked at how many moms didn't care.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:10 PM

It just baffles me.

High teen pregnancy rate & people wonder why.

And to say "well it is going to happen" ok what is the point in that?  Doesn't mean it should be treated casually like it is no big deal. kwim?

I don't threaten my children or anything like that; but I have educated them. Started early on (used appropriate talks for their ages); they know they can come to me but they know it is suppose to be a huge decision; not something to take lightly & they should try to wait as long as possible.  My son especially wants to wait; he says "less of a chance for me to stay w/the mother of my children." He knows that isn't always the case since I'm not w/his father; but his father now has 2 other children & not w/the mothers bc he can't keep it in his pants.  Thankfully my son doesn't want to be like his father!

Quoting kiddycat73:

I don't think you are wrong, but seems that our opinion is the minority these days.

AmandaMaeBell
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree 100% with you.  Children shouldn't be plaing adult games.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Yup;  most definitely.

Quoting minnesotamommie:

if the girl in that post was mine she would have been grounded... for life...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)