Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Changing diaper after one pee?

Posted by   + Show Post
My SO and his mom say they change a baby's diaper every time they pee. I never heard of that. I always waited until the diaper was peed in a decent amount. Otherwise, that's a lot of diapers and lots of changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I never even heard of that before. I mean, if it was wet, I'd change it. But "sitting in their own pee" is all they know, so it probably isn't bothersome unless it is left for a long time. I just changed DD every 2-3 hours when she was in diapers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM

yep i change after each pee, even if it is a little damp, i don't want baby sitting around in urine, i love her too much!! She is 13 months almost and i still get up in change her in the middle of the night!

junebaby11
I wait more than one thats a waste my dd is getting older so moretime betwee. Diaper changes i thought 2-3 hours was norm unless needed before then
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
1 mom liked this

I cloth diapered, so as soon as the diaper felt wet to me, I changed it. 
I would check constantly.
I hated the idea of my daughter sitting in her urine.  

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I change as soon as I notice its wet. Whether that's one pee or three.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:14 PM

so you let your kid sit in a wet diaper , where they can get diaper rash. Good luck when CPS is at your door

Peytonsmommy310
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I change after first pee. Ew who would want to sit in their own piss? Even if I used sposies I would change after one pee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You give crap to a mom wearing her baby, now you say you don't change your kids diaper until your satisfied you got your moneys worth.  You are one special mama...

WAIT! What ? when did this happen ?

laird6372
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM

When they are old enough to tell me they pee, yes, if they only peed once I change them. When they were younger, it was whenever I knew they peed (either I'd check or the diaper would look "saggy" rather than normal). I wouldn't purposefully leave them in a wet diaper. 1) They all got yeast rashes and 2) It's nasty.

marinesfeeding babyteen girltoddler boytoddler girl
Proud momma of 4 kids, three of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Idk I always waited my kids survived it. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)