Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Changing diaper after one pee?

Posted by   + Show Post
My SO and his mom say they change a baby's diaper every time they pee. I never heard of that. I always waited until the diaper was peed in a decent amount. Otherwise, that's a lot of diapers and lots of changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM
5 moms liked this

One day when you are old, in a nursing home, someone is going to let you sit in  a wet diaper, I wonder how you will like it? Change your baby...

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I changed them whenever they were wet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebaby11
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I cloth diaper and i dont change diaper everytime she wees shes only had one rash and thats because shes teething

Quoting Barronbaby:

i change when its wet, but i also cloth diaper and dont want my baby to sit with a wet butt for too long

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting MrsRobinson06:

I always changed whenever i noticed any pee whether it was one pee or three. Sometimes i changed when i couldnt even tell if it was pee or not just to be safe. I thought that was the norm...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissArtsyPants
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Thats also a risk for UTIs and other infections. Any moisture gets a change! Ive taken care of many elderly who have gotten infections because of lazy CNAs
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

i understand changing a baby as soon as they poop, but one pee? thats a bit insane.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I change after every pee. I don't care how many diapers we use because they're cloth. I just wash and reuse.
sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I cloth diapered, so as soon as the diaper felt wet to me, I changed it. 
I would check constantly.
I hated the idea of my daughter sitting in her urine.  

ME EITHER !! That would bother the hell out of me thinking maybe my baby girl was sitting in her pee, especially a little girl as easy as infections and UTIs can occur !!! Imagine trying to explain that one to the pedi !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I think it was earlier today.  Implying that this mom was a shitty mom cause she wears her baby. 

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

You give crap to a mom wearing her baby, now you say you don't change your kids diaper until your satisfied you got your moneys worth.  You are one special mama...

WAIT! What ? when did this happen ?

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, I raised my nephew and he got changed with even the slightest tinkle. We just potty trained him and I am proud to say he never once in his life had diaper rash!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN