Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Changing diaper after one pee?

Posted by   + Show Post
My SO and his mom say they change a baby's diaper every time they pee. I never heard of that. I always waited until the diaper was peed in a decent amount. Otherwise, that's a lot of diapers and lots of changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (511-512):
unusualmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM
I did. I didnt want to smell pee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
icn_mom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

When did I say it was completely saturated? Way to put words in my mouth. When It actually is wet, I change her. She  almost 3 and potty training also. My newborn is changed every 2 hours ( Like the NICU said to) He was a preemie, and if he is not poopy , I am to let him be b/c of over stimulation. Hospitals only change babies each feeding. Are you that clueless? I have diapered 7 children and never had a rash, or an exploding diaper, etc. Once each feeding or every 1-2 hours for older kids is acceptable. If you do not use cloth diapers, then you cannot tell me 2 pees is saturated. She goes to bed for 10 hours and isn't "soaked" in the morning. Grow up and quit the BS... you are no better b/c you waste diapers, hurt the environment, and over obsess over pee. I personal think you might have an OCD issue!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting icn_mom:

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

LOL, We use thick cloth diapers, after one pee, you cannot even tell if they are wet. They are thick and super absorbent. How can you possibly know when your child pees once anyway? Do you keep your hand in her diaper? I change my daughter about every 1-2 hours depending. Poop is always changed right a2way, but 1 pee is ridiculous.... I mean way to be wasteful with diapers that cannot decompose .

Quoting icn_mom:

umm not to be rude but if you peed your pants, would you wait until you peed a few times?! I ALWAYS changed my dd each and everytime she peed...

so when you are old and incontinent, you are going to wait to change your soiled cloth diaper until it is fully saturated? ok, well, kudos to you for not being hygenic! No I did not keep my hand in my childs diaper, but I was very attentive and checked her diaper every 20 min to half hour... I would never allow my child to sit in something I personally would not want to sit in!

I'm OCD becasue I rest easy knowing my child is in a clean dry diaper? well, then i guess I better run down the road and ask for help because im doing what I have always been taught is right! My DD was also preemie and in the NICU for a month and a half, and I changed her still the same as I did when she was home.. if your going to say you only change your child every two hours and fight that is the right way to do it, why not lay it all out at once at to WHY? your not changing every two hours because because that is your personal choice, but because thats how your doctors told you to.. And I will proudly change my child whenever she is wet, and waste as many diapers as I must to do so. To me, changing bottoms as soon as they are wet seems the logical and most hygenic way to do so.. yaaay for my OCD!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN