Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Changing diaper after one pee?

Posted by   + Show Post
My SO and his mom say they change a baby's diaper every time they pee. I never heard of that. I always waited until the diaper was peed in a decent amount. Otherwise, that's a lot of diapers and lots of changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (61-70):
FIREFOX1336
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM
So if you wear pads for your period do you wait to change it until its completely covered with blood getting your money's worth? Or do you change it when you use the restroom or you start to feel it? I change my daughter whenever I find she needs it normally its not that wet, but it has been peed in. Think of it this way, when you are old if you get into a situation where you wear adult diapers as someone else has to help you change them, how happy would you be if you peed told them you peed and they said o well it's not that wet and I buy them so you can pee in it atleast one more time. My dd 18months pulls at her diaper after she pees so she "tells" me when she does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I've never heard of someone NOT changing their child after it peed. To wait until it pees more than once before you change it is just nasty.
CrimsonGrace
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I change after one pee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM
She said "thats what arms are for."

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

wow the nerve of some people! What is the reasoning behind being a shitty mom if you wear ur baby ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it was earlier today.  Implying that this mom was a shitty mom cause she wears her baby. 

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

You give crap to a mom wearing her baby, now you say you don't change your kids diaper until your satisfied you got your moneys worth.  You are one special mama...

WAIT! What ? when did this happen ?

Anonymous
3 moms liked this
So to everybody who changes after "one pee", how many times do you have to wake up at night?
Idk, I change on 2-3 pees and for "sitting in your own pee" comments. I have felt my (8month) baby's diaper after "one pee" (Wondering if she even peed at all.) and I have to rub the area 3 or 4 times to actually be sure there is pee there.
Yes I do check with my fingers for pee I'm so nasty I know.
My point is it's hard to really after just 1 pee!
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
Um I'd love to know how you moms know you're changing them after just ONE pee
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
Does your underwear have chemicals meant to absorb pee and keep it away from your skin?

Quoting KMadsen:

I change after one pee. I don't want to sit in wet underwear so why should I make my daughter?

Anonymous
I don't change after one pee.
there is a difference between an adult sitting in piss pants and a baby in a wet diaper. They don't know any different.
I think it's a waste to change after just one pee.
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

My son was changed as soon as it was wet, I don't care how many diapers we would go through.. I don't care to sit in piss and didn't expect him to either.

I volunteer to save lives; What do you do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Exactly! Poor baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

I always changed my kids after 1 pee. Would you want to sit in a wet diaper???

Quoting BShip2010:

My SO and his mom say they change a baby's diaper every time they pee. I never heard of that. I always waited until the diaper was peed in a decent amount. Otherwise, that's a lot of diapers and lots of changes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)