Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you baby wear?! Post a pic!

Babywearing.

Baby wearing has a TON of benefits. Not just for mothers. You should look it up, if you're skeptical. :) a lot of studies show it helps brain stimulation and development. It's a step from Attachment Parenting which in itself has many great benefits. Anyway for those who already know how wonderful this is POST a pic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I'm a big girl, very over-weight. I'm afraid to baby wear due to my size, no sling is going to fit me. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no desire to baby wear or to do attachment parenting,  studies also show that mom's who try to shove their way of parenting down everyone else's throats get slapped a lot more than parents that mind their own,  YOU can look that up if you're skeptical!

Studies show that people who reply with bitchiness have a record of getting bitch slapped 100% of the time.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM
5 moms liked this

my son use to wear his cat when I wore his sister hehe

junebaby11
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Bad photo lol but hey i love wearing my babygirl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM

We have a Moby too, but this is the only photo I have. His first time in a babybjorn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM

i used to but ds grew out of his sling at 7 months, so im thinking of getting one of the back pack ones so we can start hikeing again :)

ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Mobile Photo

One of our first attempts at a back carry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lolaunscripted
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM
The one I'm wearing I made. It's Moby-inspired. It's a no-sew too so it was pretty easy to make. You can usually find easy no-sew wrap Tutes on Google. That's where I found mine. I also buy an extra 2 yards then what the tute calls for since I like the extra material. I used 7 yards. (and it usually makes two wraps)

Quoting daughteroftruth:

not all the time, but when they were babies they did spend a ton of time in a wrap or sling... what one are you wearing, looks like a wrap?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lolaunscripted
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It's Moby-inspired. I googled for a tute! It's no-sew and super easy to make. The tute I found calls for 5 yards of a Jersey Knit (or other clothe that doesn't fray and has a little stretch to it) but I used 7 yards because I like that extra clothe there as a JIC kinda thing. It makes 2 wraps so you end up with Double for your buck.

Quoting Goofygadget:

How do you make them? What type do you make?

Quoting Lolaunscripted:

I've heard nice things about E'rgos, also Moby and K'tan those are all nice. I make mine though because I'm too thrifty to spend more the 10 :/ but I have 3 different kinds of wraps and all hold up to the wear and tear I put them through. I pretty much baby wear everyday to get things done. I baby wore all 3 kids haha.

Quoting KMadsen:

I did a little bit with a seven sling (I do not recommend them btw, they suck). I always held her & still do though:) Next baby I plan to get a nice carrier like a n Ergo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured