Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you baby wear?! Post a pic!

Babywearing.

Baby wearing has a TON of benefits. Not just for mothers. You should look it up, if you're skeptical. :) a lot of studies show it helps brain stimulation and development. It's a step from Attachment Parenting which in itself has many great benefits. Anyway for those who already know how wonderful this is POST a pic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Replies (151-156):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM
My profile pic! :)
I'm using my custom BabyEtte ring sling
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I never understood this, my kids liked to be on the floor playing with me, I think they would have hated it.  I have strange children though lol

Mommy2justone
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I only wore my daughter at home, when I needed to get stuff done and she wanted to be held. I never forced her to be worn. 
She never wanted to be worn when we were at the park (Not the play ground) and never wanted to be worn on a hike. So she just never was.
She loves to explore everything when we are in nature, but when we are in a store, or mall, she HATES to be down, its way too overwhelming to her, and the stroller just forced her to face everyone.  

Quoting melakay1981:

I never understood this, my kids liked to be on the floor playing with me, I think they would have hated it.  I have strange children though lol

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I was not putting anyone down, I really hope you did not take it that way.  My kids both hated being confined to the point they would just scream their heads off.  If I put one of them in a playpen I was afraid the cops would be called because it sounded like I was cutting their arms off lol  I just had baby gates all through my house.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I only wore my daughter at home, when I needed to get stuff done and she wanted to be held. I never forced her to be worn. 
She never wanted to be worn when we were at the park (Not the play ground) and never wanted to be worn on a hike. So she just never was.
She loves to explore everything when we are in nature, but when we are in a store, or mall, she HATES to be down, its way too overwhelming to her, and the stroller just forced her to face everyone.  

Quoting melakay1981:

keriley1
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

So funny you should ask. I took this earlier today to show my mama how we were cleaning the house while her sissy was sleeping lol I don't do it a lot, but sometimes when she doesn't want put down (today) I do.

Mommy2justone
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Oh no, I didn't think you were putting me down at all :) You said you didn't understand it, and that your children liked to play on the ground. I was just explaining that my daughter did too, but she loved to be worn as well :)

Quoting melakay1981:

I was not putting anyone down, I really hope you did not take it that way.  My kids both hated being confined to the point they would just scream their heads off.  If I put one of them in a playpen I was afraid the cops would be called because it sounded like I was cutting their arms off lol  I just had baby gates all through my house.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Quoting melakay1981:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)