Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the sad holidays

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
So we won't have a thanksgiving dinner. My 4 kids won't have a christmas. Dh is out of work due to injury. No money to pay bills or buy food. I'm waiting to hear from the ssdi or ssi whatever you call it. I hate my life. I want to fall off the face of the earth.(there's more to why I want to fall off the face of the earth) but who cares.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Are you able to work while he stays home? Get fs. Seriously if you have no money or income you get them in 7 days.
Mamaof2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:19 PM
We have no income. And no I have disabilitys that's y I'm trying to get my ssdi back. And fs I'm waiting on said it can take up to 30 days. I told them it was an emergency and they said ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Where do you live?

mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Try food banks or churches. I would be getting my but to welfare. When my boyfriend and I both lost our jobs I applied that day for food stamps and as soon as they had all the info they needed we had the money for food in about a week. there are alot of places that are willing to look you just have to look. I am sorry if this sounds mean but instead of posting your problems up here i would be searcing for every place that could help me and getting in contact with them also if you can work than do that there are alot of places hiring for seasonal work I have worked like 80+hrs a week to support my self and my son when I was a single mother. You just do what you have to do. I am not trying to be mean i have been in some pretty bad situations. Homeless with both of my children at one point or another but I did everything I possibly could to get out of the situation to make sure I could support them.

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM

And why not post here?  I have seen several of these posts end up with "I can send you such and such"... 

Some people get burned - some people get helped... 

Quoting mommy404204:

Try food banks or churches. I would be getting my but to welfare. When my boyfriend and I both lost our jobs I applied that day for food stamps and as soon as they had all the info they needed we had the money for food in about a week. there are alot of places that are willing to look you just have to look. I am sorry if this sounds mean but instead of posting your problems up here i would be searcing for every place that could help me and getting in contact with them also if you can work than do that there are alot of places hiring for seasonal work I have worked like 80+hrs a week to support my self and my son when I was a single mother. You just do what you have to do. I am not trying to be mean i have been in some pretty bad situations. Homeless with both of my children at one point or another but I did everything I possibly could to get out of the situation to make sure I could support them.

Kennadismom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Where are you? I have a turkey I need to get rid of and would love to get it to someone in need as well as other canned goods.
Mamaof2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I am in kansas. I have tried the churches here and stuff for help and I either get a its a first come first serve or there not helping at this time. Or a no we don't help. Belive me I'm trying and people if you want to bash go ahead. And befor you ask my phone and internet on my phone is paid by my mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Look at her groups. She just wants a handout. JMO.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Really I was just going to recommend one...

Quoting Anonymous:

Look at her groups. She just wants a handout. JMO.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaof2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Look I'm not looking for a handout or nothing I was just venting. And the groups I'm in don't mean shit about my personal life ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)