Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have never changed my son's diaper

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

he's 3.  I was molested by my dad and brother while I was growing up and it just freaks me out to change my son's diaper.  My dh has always done it.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
FatCatsMomma
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Honest question, have you ever sought counselling? That way of thinking isn't healthy and needs to be addressed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously??

I you are so repulsed by a penis, how do you have
Sex???

it's not that, it's because I was molested by a parent and an older brother that I just feel dirty if I change him

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM
All my boys are circumsized and I wouldn't mess with any diapers until it was healed properly...it just makes me feel weird and I can't do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

You need therapy, what if something happened to your DH, like he broke his arms, and he was no longer able to change him? Not being mean, I was molested as a kid.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

This.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

So does your dh work from home or is he on disability?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

So does your dh work from home or is he on disability?

My son is in a special preschool because he has down's syndrome and I pick him up from school when I pick my dh up from work

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM

what do you do if he's gone????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I am in counseling and it is slowly helping

Quoting FatCatsMomma:

Honest question, have you ever sought counselling? That way of thinking isn't healthy and needs to be addressed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously??

Sex???

it's not that, it's because I was molested by a parent and an older brother that I just feel dirty if I change him

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM
That's pathetic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You need therapy, what if something happened to your DH, like he broke his arms, and he was no longer able to change him? Not being mean, I was molested as a kid.

I am in therapy and I'm slowly working through it.  I don't know what I would do if DH lost the ability right this moment.

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously??

Sex???

i get what you mean. I was abused by my dad when i was younger. I can change my kids diapers fine (well, did when they were in diapers). But i get really uncomfortable when i have to do anything with the genitals. Like if my daughter has a yeast infection and needs cream on it or when my son would have a runny poo that would stick to his penis. I think it is common of people who are abused. it is just this horrible sinking feeling that you are like "them". sometimes you have to push yourself to be uncomfortable to care for your children though. 

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured