Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ugh what should i do

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have been trying different acne meds for mild adult acne. I tried proactive.

My doctor said its a scam.

The stuff she prescribed is soooo expensive and it hurts my tummy (its oral)

So I bought that orange Neutrogena and some cream acne meds to apply on spots.

Here's the issue. My skin is swollen red itchy and dry . It hurts . How do I reverse this. Just stop using it all?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:49 PM

It sounds like your skin is dry and irritated. I would stop for a week to let your skin recover, then wash it with something mild and only use the acne meds on the spots that need it.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Discontinue use! Use an I've pack to get rid of the swollen and red, Benadryl cream for the itching.

Avoid face products with benzocaine that's probably what your allergic to.

In the meantime get a thing of Cerave face wash and cream, that I'd mild enough to get rid of the dryness and still cleanse you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Try coconut oil
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Idk Proactiv worked for me and I had horrible acne. Sounds like she just wants you to spend your money on her stuff instead of that. Some docs are really bad about that. Try some fresh cucumber slices and place them all over your face. Its grea tfor cooling and calming the skin.

opal10161973
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Proactiv is not a scam.  I used it and it works really well.  I agree with the above treatment for now.

Have you tried using more natural remedies for your acne, like witch hazel?  Sometimes, that works better than other more expensive stuff.  Most of it is overhyped anyway.  Even Proactiv is expensive and why I don't use it anymore. 

madmueller
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Proactive works really well.

before you start it, give your face a rest...

tastelikeyum
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Proactiv worked for me. I wish I could use it now.

jdy9440
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Proactive worked for me too...I wouldn't take an oral for it unless its really bad
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Well she won't make a profit on the prescriptions, the pharmacy will. I just cannot afford it. I told her I needed this fixed before my wedding ceremony in April. :( its not horrid but bad enough I'm embarrassed you know.

I might try cucumbers thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk Proactiv worked for me and I had horrible acne. Sounds like she just wants you to spend your money on her stuff instead of that. Some docs are really bad about that. Try some fresh cucumber slices and place them all over your face. Its grea tfor cooling and calming the skin.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM

This.

Proactiv made my skin bleed and crack.

Try clean and clear advanced or murads acne complex system.

Both were fine and didnt make my skin dry.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

It sounds like your skin is dry and irritated. I would stop for a week to let your skin recover, then wash it with something mild and only use the acne meds on the spots that need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)