Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

please please tell me what you think.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My bf says we don't have a normal relationship. Says we don't see each other enough. I have my DD, go to school, work full time. I have a car and he doesn't. He says that I should move out as soon as I can from my parents house. But im stable and rely on parents for baby sitting when I'm working or going to school. And when we hang out i need to go to his place or i need to pick him up from his friends place. I bought a brand new car and he got upset telling me i should have gotten a used car. Even though what i had before was used and it was ready to break down. He doesnt go to school. I'm 21 and he's 25. And then he says that its because of my schedule that he feels that we don't have a normal relationship.
Need advise what do you think?
Do you guys think it matters how often you see your bf? In order for it to be normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
dtristan78
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM
This!!

Quoting ittybit2012:

I think there are a lot of red flags there.  Seems he likes to place the blame on you for stuff his ass could change.  He could save his damn money and get a car.  If I were you, I'd break up.  I dealt with that controlling shit once, I refuse to do it again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
He says he doesnt feel the need to have one. I have tried telling him he should get one and he says he doesnt need one. And he works at a popular sub place near Mill ave in Az.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

What does he do. ? Why doesn't he have a car?

popomill
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I agree with the ladies on here. There is something fishy going on here. Why doesn't he have a car? Does he work? Why does it matter so much to him what type of car you buy with your money? Don't move out just because he wants you too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, since you begged, I'll give you my advice. ;)

I would watch out for where he's going with this sort of stuff. If you can afford a new car I don't see why he'd be telling you to get a used one. Having a reliable vehicle is important. To me, this would be enough to make me second question this man. It doesn't sound like he's doing a good job of trying to enhance your life. Keep your eye on it and if it doesn't get better, if I were you, I'd leave. 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM

dump him.

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I think he sounds like a loser personally.
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Idk what "normal" is but I think he expects you to change more than him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaiTilley
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this
He sounds controlling... Why does he think you moving out, for example, would help you see each other more? If anything, it sounds like you would have less time to spend with him if you lost that babysitting resource. Seems like he'd feel better if you were isolated from your family (another red flag in regards to being controlling).

Also, why does he not have a car? The fact that you have more going for you than he does for him adds the impression of being not only cotrolling, but jealous.
ajrjj05
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I think you need to leave the LOSER!

gem_mommie
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM
3 moms liked this
I think your independence, self-reliance, responsiblity, education and work ethic make him feel inadequate and insecure. You belong with a man who is stronger, more mature, responsible and confident. This guy is just...one big red flag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)