Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

please please tell me what you think.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My bf says we don't have a normal relationship. Says we don't see each other enough. I have my DD, go to school, work full time. I have a car and he doesn't. He says that I should move out as soon as I can from my parents house. But im stable and rely on parents for baby sitting when I'm working or going to school. And when we hang out i need to go to his place or i need to pick him up from his friends place. I bought a brand new car and he got upset telling me i should have gotten a used car. Even though what i had before was used and it was ready to break down. He doesnt go to school. I'm 21 and he's 25. And then he says that its because of my schedule that he feels that we don't have a normal relationship.
Need advise what do you think?
Do you guys think it matters how often you see your bf? In order for it to be normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM
you're better than him.
do not let him hold you back.
from what you say, you're doing really good for yourself as of now and someone like him will only drag you down.
I'd let it go.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm with him cause he moved here from a different state. And he used to meet me half way but now he seems to not want to. He thinks i should have no problem seeing and thinks we don't have a normal relationship cause im not able to stay out all night with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you with him? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM
You are doing what is best for you and your child. Keep doing it.

Why doesn't he have a car? Do you live in a place you don't really need one?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM
So you don't see each other often and he's already trying to control you? Big red flags. Ditch him. Save yourself the heartache.
3.ang3ls
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM
He doesn't feel the need to have one.....translation....he isnt motivated enough to get one or he CAN'T get one.

Also, if he had one...he could visit you more. But, I guess that isn't a priority either. He would rather make you do all the work. And working at a sub place? He should think about getting a job with the potential for growth, not a lifetime of minimum wage.

Trust me, don't ever settle. Believe that you are worth more and set your standards for your man ad high ad you set them for yourself. Or higher. Don't let someone hold you back.

Quoting Anonymous:

He says he doesnt feel the need to have one. I have tried telling him he should get one and he says he doesnt need one. And he works at a popular sub place near Mill ave in Az.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

What does he do. ? Why doesn't he have a car?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuzImMOM
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Find a new bf
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yeah you don't sound like you have a normal , healthy relationship. Most 25 year olds have a car , at least. I'd really re-evaluate what I wanted in life. You have to work, you have to go to school. He sounds very immature , what does he think other people do? Sit around and hang out?

I know you might love him, but love can only get you so far if he has no ambition to do anything . I would not date someone who was 25, and no job, no car, no schooling. Think of yourself in 5 years , where will he be? Where do you want to be? Do you want a man like that to show your dd how to treat a woman, and how to be a grown man? 

velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Dude.. It sounds like you're doing fine. Good for you for not jumping around creating an unstable environment for you and your child. I know it seems silly, but I would talk to him about your goals in life, and ask him what his are. If your goals and life plans are too extreme, than it is time to move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM

He's hating on you so hard... Dont be with a man like that sweetie.

smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I think you're doing what you need to do for yourself and your kid and that needs to continue. I think what needs to stop is his constant complaining and critisizing. While I get that he has no responsibilities at this point and can't possibly understand all you have to do and why you have to do it, the fact of the matter is is that he isn't stepping up to make it easier on you, he is instead trying to impede your progress. In which case he can quickly become someone you don't need to be with at all. You should only be with someone who brings out the best in you and helps you, not someone who drags you down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM
You don't need to change what you are doing. He sounds like a bum. He probably just wants to use you. You are improving your life and he is being a bum. Break up with him before he brings you down. I know from experience. I'm 24. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN