Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

please please tell me what you think.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My bf says we don't have a normal relationship. Says we don't see each other enough. I have my DD, go to school, work full time. I have a car and he doesn't. He says that I should move out as soon as I can from my parents house. But im stable and rely on parents for baby sitting when I'm working or going to school. And when we hang out i need to go to his place or i need to pick him up from his friends place. I bought a brand new car and he got upset telling me i should have gotten a used car. Even though what i had before was used and it was ready to break down. He doesnt go to school. I'm 21 and he's 25. And then he says that its because of my schedule that he feels that we don't have a normal relationship.
Need advise what do you think?
Do you guys think it matters how often you see your bf? In order for it to be normal?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Replies (61-69):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Idk. He got himself enrolled and everything and then out of no were he tells me he's not going this semester.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is 25 and doesn't have a car! Take it from me, he sounds like my ex, cut you losses now and move on. He's a scrub! Also, does he work? Why is he not getting an education?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I *do* think it matters how often you see your significant other. Some people do better with less frequent dates, other people need to have more often hang outs, -- but the big thing I see, and I am guessing that other people have already commented on. 

It sounds like you are making a lot of really responsible decisions. Living at home to help with finances and your child, working to provide yourself and your son with more opportunities in the future and on top of this working. You are seemingly making a lot of really great choices.

Your BF sounds like a tool. It sounds like he has a hard time seeing that changing your life circumstances takes hard work and a lot of hours. It sounds like he wants to drag you down and like he is pretty controling.  

From the information give, I think that you sound like a sane "normal" person and he is the one who is hurting the relationship. 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me

Quoting Anonymous:

He is 25 and doesn't have a car! Take it from me, he sounds like my ex, cut you losses now and move on. He's a scrub! Also, does he work? Why is he not getting an education?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM
DUMP him and run!

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk. He got himself enrolled and everything and then out of no were he tells me he's not going this semester.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Ironically I met and dated my ex while that song was super popular. I would sing it while driving to pick his ass up 30 minutes from where I lived because he didn't have a job or car. Oh the joys of being young and naive.

Quoting hautemama83:

I don't want no scrub

A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me Hanging out the passenger side

Of his best friend's ride

Trying to holler at me

Quoting Anonymous:

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you need to find a less loser boyfriend.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

He says he doesnt feel the need to have one. I have tried telling him he should get one and he says he doesnt need one. And he works at a popular sub place near Mill ave in Az.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

What does he do. ? Why doesn't he have a car?

I think you can do better. A real man one you want to be spending your future with works hard ,has a vechile and more imprtantly doesnt tell his GF how to run her life.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I think you should continue doing what you are doing. and dont let him make your decisions for you. actually founds like he's trying to be a little controlling i Udnno good luck!

CCMami
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM
My husband didn't have a car when I met him. But he'd walk for miles to get to his 2 JOBS. I don't think the car is even a small problem. He's maniPulating you with, we don't spend enough time together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)