Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are a horrible person

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
So I was talking to my brother about a house he had found for sale. It is a foreclosure so it is super cheap. He was planning on waiting until income taxes and then trying to get a loan for it.

My boyfriend is also looking for a house. So would I be a horrible person if I mentioned this place to my boyfriend and he got it?

The deal is my boyfriend was already approved for a 25000 loan and then decided he didn't want that house because it was only 2 bedroom. So I know he can get the loan for this place no problem. He has had his current job for 9 years and no plans on leaving so he can pay the loan.

My brother has not held a job for more than a few months at a time. The job he is currently at he worked at before and since they didn't take him out of the system he can claim to have been employed there for 6 months. He had semi bad credit since he was purchasing a TV and sound system from a rent to own place and had to return it. And if he waits several months someone would probably already get it anyway.

On the one hand I wouldn't want my friend to buy it out from under my brother but on the other hand I don't think my brother stands any chance of getting this place. So would it make me a terrible person if I told my boyfriend about this property?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsEmma88
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Not at all. Mostly because I don't really think he could get the loan in time before its snatched up. Me and my sister are both looking for places to rent I always give her my listing because I'm better at researching. I'd rather compete against my sister then a bunch of strangers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking. I mean if my friend doesn't get it someone else will. There's no way this place is gonna sit for long. But honestly its my brothers girlfriend who I am worried is going to throw a hissy fit if he got it. She is one of those people who thinks everything should be handed to her.

Quoting MsEmma88:

Not at all. Mostly because I don't really think he could get the loan in time before its snatched up. Me and my sister are both looking for places to rent I always give her my listing because I'm better at researching. I'd rather compete against my sister then a bunch of strangers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, if you went shopping with your sister and found a pair of shoes you loved and wanted, but there was only one pair in your size and you didnt get paid until next week, how would you feel if she went behind your back and took one of her friends to buy that one pair because she knew the friend would love them and could buy them right then? Chances are the shoes would be sold before you could go get them, but what if they werent? Wouldnt it piss you off that your sister arranged to have them bought out from under you without giving you the first chance at them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Personally no. Unless I had told her I was coming back in an hour for the shoes and she had her friend get them. But even then I don't think I would be irate. But that's shoes not a house.

So are you saying it would make me horrible if I told my friend about this place even though chances are he won't get a loan anyway and even if he does that house isn't gonna be on the market for a few months before he tries for the loan?
Or are you saying it would be silly for him to get mad over something like that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, if you went shopping with your sister and found a pair of shoes you loved and wanted, but there was only one pair in your size and you didnt get paid until next week, how would you feel if she went behind your back and took one of her friends to buy that one pair because she knew the friend would love them and could buy them right then? Chances are the shoes would be sold before you could go get them, but what if they werent? Wouldnt it piss you off that your sister arranged to have them bought out from under you without giving you the first chance at them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM
They are right when they say your family is 1st to screw you, you proved that.
mz_erica03
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I wouldn't do that, to me it's a douche move
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Good luck with that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnchelle93
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I don't think so. I'd tell him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 I haven't done anything

2 he won't get the house anyway

3 unless the house is snatched up soon my boyfriend will find out about it anyway. If he hasn't already because like I said he is looking too.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are right when they say your family is 1st to screw you, you proved that.

Cochise
by Dawn on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

That is not right to do that to your own brother ):  sorry 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured