Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tonight I found out that I have tonsil stones

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They are small yellowish white balls that come up from the back of your throat. They smell bad, too. For the last few days I have been hacking cause I felt like there was something in the back of my throat. Tonight I look and there's 2 white balls lodged on the left side, looking disgusting. One was kind of big so I took a qtip and took the big one out. The other one was too small and the big one broke off but I got some of it. It's fucking disgusting and now I don't even want to eat. I want them out so bad but I keep gagging and even threw up a little bit. I read that If I get my tonsils removed, they will go away. I do tend to have problems with them anyway.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM
i just poke the area right where i see them and the pop out, sometimes i push around with a q tip too and they all come out. i get them alot. if i feel them i cant leave them there they drive me insane. sometimes i even swipe them out with the loopy part of a bobby pin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Those suck!!! I used to get them all the time :/ Then I had tonsillitis and strep at the same time and one of my tonsils ruptured so I had a tonsillectomy. Haven't had any in 10 years!
crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I sleep with a fan on too, for the noise lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine gets sore when I am in the cold too long. Which sucks cause I can't sleep if I don't have a fan on.

Quoting crescentstar2:

I've noticed that if I have a stone my throat had been sore stone goes away so does sore throat ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine never hurt...I don't think. I do get sore throats a lot , though. Never thought this could be the reason why. I use mouthwash daily, Scope alcohol free, also.

Quoting crescentstar2:

I don't know but I hate them. They are irritating and hurt :-( I also use crest 3d mouth wash no alcohol kind maybe cause its peroxide it helps keep my tonsils clean

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe that's why I stopped getting them. I got them as a child and I got my first wisdom tooth pulled at about 15, the others at 25. Now I'm 30 and they just started up again a couple of months ago.

Quoting crescentstar2:

After my wisdom teeth came out I don't get as many. I've had one sense my teeth out . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I will try to this also until I find the other stuff. Thank you

Quoting mishamama:

My brother used to have them bad, so my grandma suggested he gargle with salt water. He said it really helps as long as you aren't sensitive to salt water and dont throw up lol.

The water has to be warm though.

Dh does a thing where he drinks crushed garlic, lemon juice and some salt- he mixes it all together and drinks, he says it works, but you will have to brush your teeth afterwards because of the garlic.

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried, they lodged in there and I just gag and puke. I will gargle or wait for it to fall out on its own.

Quoting mishamama:

Take them out.

MommieSDW
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM
My husband gets them, he hates it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
screamykittycat
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I use the round end of a bobby pin and scoop them right out of the hole. Been doing it for years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I didn't expect anyone to reply so I didn't quote her, lol. Where does your sister get hers?

Quoting LoveVenus:

I agree with crescentstar.My sister had that same problem and she used the same thing.It has been all good ever since ;)

Quoting crescentstar2:

I don't know but I hate them. They are irritating and hurt :-( I also use crest 3d mouth wash no alcohol kind maybe cause its peroxide it helps keep my tonsils clean

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe that's why I stopped getting them. I got them as a child and I got my first wisdom tooth pulled at about 15, the others at 25. Now I'm 30 and they just started up again a couple of months ago.

Quoting crescentstar2:

After my wisdom teeth came out I don't get as many. I've had one sense my teeth out . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
When there are a lot of them it can be strep. Was for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Yep, me too. I've been doing it for so long that I can't sleep without it now.

Quoting crescentstar2:

I sleep with a fan on too, for the noise lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine gets sore when I am in the cold too long. Which sucks cause I can't sleep if I don't have a fan on.

Quoting crescentstar2:

I've noticed that if I have a stone my throat had been sore stone goes away so does sore throat ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine never hurt...I don't think. I do get sore throats a lot , though. Never thought this could be the reason why. I use mouthwash daily, Scope alcohol free, also.

Quoting crescentstar2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crescentstar2:

LoveVenus
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I guess from her pharmacy.Like Duane Reade or Rite Aid i'm really not sure.Sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't expect anyone to reply so I didn't quote her, lol. Where does your sister get hers?

Quoting LoveVenus:

I agree with crescentstar.My sister had that same problem and she used the same thing.It has been all good ever since ;)

Quoting crescentstar2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crescentstar2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)