Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tonight I found out that I have tonsil stones

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
They are small yellowish white balls that come up from the back of your throat. They smell bad, too. For the last few days I have been hacking cause I felt like there was something in the back of my throat. Tonight I look and there's 2 white balls lodged on the left side, looking disgusting. One was kind of big so I took a qtip and took the big one out. The other one was too small and the big one broke off but I got some of it. It's fucking disgusting and now I don't even want to eat. I want them out so bad but I keep gagging and even threw up a little bit. I read that If I get my tonsils removed, they will go away. I do tend to have problems with them anyway.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
EmilyL7
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I get those! :-( I hate it!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rawrmommysaurus
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

My dr told me they won't take out your tonsils unless you have 4 infections (or what ever the hospital/insurance requirements are) in a 12 month period.  She also told me to gargle with mouth wash or salt water, get a water pic and flush them out, or manually express them myself.  The last two only really work if you don't have a gag reflux.  I gargle with mouth wash if not every day atleast every few days, and haven't had another in over a year.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I used to get those all the time. My mom always called them poop balls because that's what they smell like lol. I haven't had any for a while though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I want my tonsils removed. They hurt too much. Not because of the stones but because they're sensitive or something. If I sleep in a place overnight and it's too cold, I wake up with a sore throat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Those suck!!! I used to get them all the time :/ Then I had tonsillitis and strep at the same time and one of my tonsils ruptured so I had a tonsillectomy. Haven't had any in 10 years!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

OMG I never knew what those things were!  I have them, too!  (Started noticing them when I was 10.  If I cleared my throat or when I was sick sometimes they'd dislodge.)  How the hell do they form?  Google, here I come....I don't want to keep getting them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I had a gingerbread shake earlier. Guess where some of it ended up? So yeah, gargling is the better option for me until I can find the stuff the other 2 ladies were talking about b

Quoting rawrmommysaurus:

My dr told me they won't take out your tonsils unless you have 4 infections (or what ever the hospital/insurance requirements are) in a 12 month period.  She also told me to gargle with mouth wash or salt water, get a water pic and flush them out, or manually express them myself.  The last two only really work if you don't have a gag reflux.  I gargle with mouth wash if not every day atleast every few days, and haven't had another in over a year.  

Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Ugh I am really confused ...WTH are you talking about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I get them too. I use a q-tip and push against my tonsil (like a pimple) and they pop out. I've heard that some people put hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip and clean the area every few days and they never came back. I haven't tried it  up I have considered it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Googling would be your best option cause I suck at explanations. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG I never knew what those things were!  I have them, too!  (Started noticing them when I was 10.  If I cleared my throat or when I was sick sometimes they'd dislodge.)  How the hell do they form?  Google, here I come....I don't want to keep getting them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I get them all the time, my dr thinks I may need to get my tosilis out

Quoting Anonymous:

They are small yellowish white balls that come up from the back of your throat. They smell bad, too. For the last few days I have been hacking cause I felt like there was something in the back of my throat. Tonight I look and there's 2 white balls lodged on the left side, looking disgusting. One was kind of big so I took a qtip and took the big one out. The other one was too small and the big one broke off but I got some of it. It's fucking disgusting and now I don't even want to eat. I want them out so bad but I keep gagging and even threw up a little bit. I read that If I get my tonsils removed, they will go away. I do tend to have problems with them anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)