Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Uhg not even sure I should go Monday.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I've been practing math for at least 8 hrs a day since Thursday. I still don't feel ready for my test.

It's a test to get into a medical assisting class. I feel so stressed and like I'm going to fail. Ill be so embarrassed if I fail. It will be my second and final chance to get into the program. I've studied so hard and ill be gone alllll day tomorrow so no time to practice then. Uhggggg I want to cry!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM
what kind of math is it? like everything up to ?

good luck !! :) you got thisssss
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What level is this class? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Up to 8th grade math. But I've been out of school for 8 years. And I didn't take high school seriously so I blew off a lot of stuff and am now trying to play catch up.

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM
The class will have a huge pre algebra section in it but the test to get in is up to 8th grade math. I've been out of school for 8 years and didn't take high school serious. So I'm playing serious catch up right now.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

What level is this class? 

FL2AK
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

If you don't go you won't get in.  I would rather try and fail than to not try at all.

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM
don't feel bad. I just went on Friday to register for classes for nursing school. and I'm in the lowest math available, it's called like basic math concepts or something LMFAO
the other girls were like algebra 2 and shit, I got basic math concepts. haha. I found it amusing =)

needless to say, it's gonna be a while in school for meee.

Quoting Anonymous:

Up to 8th grade math. But I've been out of school for 8 years. And I didn't take high school seriously so I blew off a lot of stuff and am now trying to play catch up.

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Yeah that's probably where I'd end up too if this were at an actual college campus. The med school is at my cities local adult school. They have a great reputation with the community. So you have to pass the test to get in. :-/

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

don't feel bad. I just went on Friday to register for classes for nursing school. and I'm in the lowest math available, it's called like basic math concepts or something LMFAO

the other girls were like algebra 2 and shit, I got basic math concepts. haha. I found it amusing =)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM
well you'll be fine dear. promise =)
good luck, and have some more confidence in yourself.
visualize yourself passing that test!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah that's probably where I'd end up too if this were at an actual college campus. The med school is at my cities local adult school. They have a great reputation with the community. So you have to pass the test to get in. :-/

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Thank you!!! Good luck to you too!! :) maybe you can test out of a class once you start to remember things again? To speed up your time in college?

And yes I need to get some confidence. Thanks for the tip.

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM
no, here's the kicker. that's what I tested into. hahahahahahah
math is not my strong suit, at. all.
oh well. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you!!! Good luck to you too!! :) maybe you can test out of a class once you start to remember things again? To speed up your time in college?

And yes I need to get some confidence. Thanks for the tip.

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)