Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The "N" word

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband calls black people that, it seriously bugs and offends me. I used to date blacks guys and so it really drive me crazy when he says it, not only that it's just so very offensive. I've told him numerous of times how awful he looks and sounds when he says this but he just won't stop. It's a constant thing and I'm kinda at my wits end here...
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Replies (151-160):
mamoore83
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Yeah it was weird she said it so nice like how I would say ooo hi baby. I didn't know how to respond. Ohh well smh :)

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

Lmao.. omg I would not know. I wouldn't stop to call someone else's baby something something then negro. But really in Spanish a black person is just "negro" theres no other way to say it. It sounds offensive because in English its either black, person of color or niger. To us its just negro and we say it (at least me) with no intention on offending anyone.

Quoting mamoore83:

Kind of off topic I was at a store and a hispanic woman taking to her friend in spanish stopped my baby and I and proceeded to say ooo negro to my baby. We had nothing black on us besides skin and hair. Did she really just call my baby black? Is that a cultural thing?

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

The fuuuuh???? Omg lmao. Bitch please buy a book and study sarcasm. I was referring to the color black in spanish its pronounced negro. If a black person heard me say "negro" they would be offended little do they kow its just a color.

Me- says something and says word negro

person of color- what did you say? Did you call me a nigger?

Me-No I said how beautiful this black shirt is.

Now off you go.. -.-t

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Stupid bumass bitch! I'd love to smack the shit outta you but really I wouldn't even stoop DOWN to your POOR level, bum. And racist comments normally doesn't piss me off but yo ass smh girl you better be lucky you're on line internet bitch!

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

I dont say "Nigger" or "Nigga" I use a much more offensive term, Negro.... but thats just how you sy it in Spanish. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Agree lol

Quoting BabiiYarellie:

Its okay. I had a good laugh. You gotta love the internet ;)

Quoting BUFFIE.the.BODY:

Oh ok, I COMPLETELY understand.

I'm sorry for being so rude & nasty to you. I REALLY apologize for being misunderstanding
Quoting BabiiYarellie:

@buffie so you're not pretending to be the anon in blue? I really thought you were ^.< lol.

But for the record I did not at all mean that in an offensive way. Its just that Ive been put in the situation where Im around black people and Ill say the word negro (in Spanish) and they automatically think I was talking shit about them and their race. In reality I was talking about an object thats black like the blouse for an example. So what I meant is I dont use the word Nigger or nigga I sa the word negro and people think Im being offensive and racist which makes me a horrible person because that word is nasty and its the worst I could call a person of race. Not at all, I hope I explained myself.

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Quoting elzingah36:

I've read all the comments and personally from what I've seen in America,the non-blacks are more offended by the word then the blacks
I sometimes get a giggle on how some people react. The only
true opinion I would consider would
be from a black person. As usual,it
depends on the person,some are
offended and some aren't,and some
just don't care. It's obvious that your
DH has used this term for awhile
now. It's just starting to bother
you(probably) because of the
children. Should of thought about
that before marriage and children.
He's obviously not truly meaning any
complete disrespect. A little ignorant&arrogant,perhaps. Mpo is in his group of friends he's just accustomed to saying it because they've been doing for so long...henceforth "nigger Reggie"(if I'm not mistaken). If it really does bother you that much then split up with him,I truly doubt that'll happen and life will go on.

I called my best friend and asked her how she felt about it and she said a white person could lose their life for using that word. Her words, not mine. 

elzingah36
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Do you honestly think that's going to change my opinion? Absolutely not. Because an anonymous person "made a call" does not mean I'm even thinking of
changing my mind. You don't know
me,you have no idea about my life
and I'm sure you don't care! Sort of
like how I don't care about your
comment. I would actually believe
you a little if you didn't cowardly
comment as anonymous and didn't
do something as juvenile as "well,I called my best friend and said I was on cafemom and some white girl said this" really?
I'm not a racist by any means! Yes,I have quite a few black friends. A lot more than my two white friends. I have never called any of them nigger/negro or anything like that. I call them by their names or their numerous nicknames. I still stand by my opinion. Whites are usually more offended by the "N" word then most blacks.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting elzingah36:

I've read all the comments and personally from what I've seen in America,the non-blacks are more offended by the word then the blacks

complete disrespect. A little ignorant&arrogant,perhaps. Mpo is in his group of friends he's just accustomed to saying it because they've been doing for so long...henceforth "nigger Reggie"(if I'm not mistaken). If it really does bother you that much then split up with him,I truly doubt that'll happen and life will go on.

I called my best friend and asked her how she felt about it and she said a white person could lose their life for using that word. Her words, not mine. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:15 PM

A nigger used to be what people called people from Nigeria. Then it meant black people. Now, imo, a nigger is just an idiot, white, black, yellow, red, or green... sounds like he's the nigger here.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's the thing to tho, I honestly feel in some way he's not racist. He's has a few black friends and doesn't really judge. He refers to all black people as a "N" word.

Well...there are those "token black friends" again. He is a racist, plain and simple.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I wouldn't allow that shit, esp around my kids. My fil calls our black cat "little Nigger" and I am always on him for it. He has finally stopped (her name is Salem, I don't want my kids repeating that word). I've also gotten on him for referring to Mexican people as wetbacks (he is Mexican, but racist against Mexicans), again my children do not need to repeat those words.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM

do they asked to be called that? If so by all means your husband is just doing what they asked. For some reason i don't think they asked to be called that. so therefore what he is doing is fucked up

Quoting Anonymous:

He's nice to black people and all, he's not some kkk or anything. That's just what he calls them.

Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Why was this bumped? I couldn't be with someone who was racist. I can't tolerate homophobes either. I look down on bigots.

ivylynn0711
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM

i agree with you. i do think that more white people get upset with the word nigger then most blacks do. Yes don't get me wrong ALOT of black people do still get mad because its not something that should just be thrown around. Like my husbands aunt is real big on the black rights thing or whatever so some poeple do get offended but its mostly the older geneartion in my opinion that gets that upset. And yes i am black and thats just my opinion not a fact

Quoting elzingah36:

Do you honestly think that's going to change my opinion? Absolutely not. Because an anonymous person "made a call" does not mean I'm even thinking of
changing my mind. You don't know
me,you have no idea about my life
and I'm sure you don't care! Sort of
like how I don't care about your
comment. I would actually believe
you a little if you didn't cowardly
comment as anonymous and didn't
do something as juvenile as "well,I called my best friend and said I was on cafemom and some white girl said this" really?
I'm not a racist by any means! Yes,I have quite a few black friends. A lot more than my two white friends. I have never called any of them nigger/negro or anything like that. I call them by their names or their numerous nicknames. I still stand by my opinion. Whites are usually more offended by the "N" word then most blacks.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting elzingah36:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN