Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Punishing Teenagers without ABUSING THEM

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:50 AM
  • 79 Replies

So... Some people on here say, punish your teenager to fit the crime right? 

Well when they are teenagers what exactly is a crime fitting punishment????

Now mind you you may have to answer two different ways teen grouped age as 13-15 and 16-18

So if the teen is mouthy, what is the punishment>?

If the teen tells you to shuittup what fits this crime?

If the teen tells you the hell with you and walks out the door despite you tell them they can, what is the punishment for that?

If the teen is late then gets mouthy then what?

If the teen gets poor grades???

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happy41ce
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM
These days .. No Internet or cell phones.. They will be devastated lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM
5 moms liked this

Beat em with salomi it doesn't leave a mark

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:54 AM

The teen pays for her own cell, according to hubby we cannot take her cell because then if something happens she cannot contact us. I suppose he does HAVE a point but Im the mean one that would say I dont give a damn and still take her cell away... We have issues with agreeing with these things.

The teen tells me the punishment does not fit the crime when taking her phone. She doesnt care I take her computer or internet.

Quoting happy41ce:

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:55 AM
3 moms liked this

My adult teen, 19, is getting on my nerves right now.  He's normally really easy and I guess I should be thankful that I got all the way to 19 before he started to really piss me off, but I punish him by cutting him off financially, since he goes to school and doesn't work, it hits him where it hurts!

happy41ce
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:55 AM
That's a hard one then. I was a bad teen :( lol nothing worked for me

Quoting thetrollcat:

The teen pays for her own cell, according to hubby we cannot take her cell because then if something happens she cannot contact us. I suppose he does HAVE a point but Im the mean one that would say I dont give a damn and still take her cell away... We have issues with agreeing with these things.

The teen tells me the punishment does not fit the crime when taking her phone. She doesnt care I take her computer or internet.

Quoting happy41ce:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:56 AM

college??? if that is the case ugh.... ya... they can get a little mouthy at that time because behold they are adults ya know...

Quoting Dzyre1115:

My adult teen, 19, is getting on my nerves right now.  He's normally really easy and I guess I should be thankful that I got all the way to 19 before he started to really piss me off, but I punish him by cutting him off financially, since he goes to school and doesn't work, it hits him where it hurts!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:59 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes college, and no he can't be mouthy and live here, I don't pay the bills to be abused by a non-contributor!

Quoting thetrollcat:

college??? if that is the case ugh.... ya... they can get a little mouthy at that time because behold they are adults ya know...

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
They have to come home right after school, if they work they can only go to work, school and home. When home the cell phone is gone and no internet unless it is for home work. No television, if they really don't watch television tland they enjoy reading for pleasure then take books away. There all all kinds of things to do to make teens miserable.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya meow

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Yes college, and no he can't be mouthy and live here, I don't pay the bills to be abused by a non-contributor!

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

laparla
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this

We paddle and ground our kids (with no privileges) for bad behavior and that won't change as long as they are living in our home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN