Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my bf of 8 years just broke up with me... *UPDATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

by text. It's somewhere around 8:30am and I woke up noticing that he wasn't in bed. I text him saying "where are you?" He texts back with " Things just aren't working out between us, so I decided to move to Atlantic City last night." So, because I had just woke up and not fully awake, ny reply was "what?" He then texts back, "I just decided to leave. To many bills, too much stress, and the kids were driving me crazy." It was at that point when I realized that in all our eight years together, he has never NOT come home and that he just might be telling the truth. I sat and thought for a minute and started to get highly annoyed and disgusted. He has the audacity to say how stressed out and tired he is. All he does is work a 9-5 job. He comes home and relaxes. Me? I got to school FULL TIME, run our business FULL TIME, run the household FULL TIME, and take care of the kids FULL TIME. I am exhausted! So after realizing that he no reason to say how tired he is, I text him back "Enjoy. I hope you find what you're looking for." If he did go, I'm not going to sit here and whine and cry, begging him to come back. Nope. I'm going to wish him well. Does it hurt that he broke up with me and this way? Honestly, no. He was an extra thing that I had to deal with FULL TIME so he just actually cleared up my plate a little.

Oh, for those of you wondering why he picked AC, he has family that lives out there. We are about 3 hours from AC.

11/19/12

Sorry I haven't been on a lot, just had a lot on my mind for the last 24 hours. So I spoke to him this morning. He said that he didn't really go to AC. That he was at a friends house and just needed to "get away". Said that he was tired and had a lot going on. I told him that unless he was secretly sick with cancer, that whatever he had going on, I am going through it too. That for him to just up and leave without so much as a word and then to text me was childish and irresponsible. I asked him why he felt the need to tell me that he was basically gone and never coming back? Why he just couldn't have said " I need some me time". I would have even understood that. He said that he doesn't want to leave and that he apologizes for doing that to me. That he loves me and his family and that he wants to make things right and that he still wants to get married (he was in the process of getting a ring and proposing). I told him to stay at his friends house for a while, that I needed some "me time". I'm hurt that he would do something like this. I'm not saying that we had the world's best relationship. but at least one good enought to where this sort of thing wouldn't happen. If I allow him back, who's to say that he won't do it again, and be for real next time? I do love him and I know he loves us, but he really needs to get his act together. This is something that I need to sit and really think about. *sigh* He is going to come over after work so we can talk. I will update more then. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Replies (161-170):
devastatedhurt
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Are they his kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Wow.  What a coward.  I can't believe he didn't have enough guts to tell you to your face-or even over the phone.  You are so much better off without him.  If you have kids together, be sure to go file for child support tomorrow.  

Jess0915
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Oh wow. What a complete and total wimp. Sounds like you're better off without him. I hope everything goes well, sounds like you've got it figured out and are a much stronger person than he is.

kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM
What a douche!!! Good riddance
x.Aim.x
by Amy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Wow. I'm so sorry.
WithHope
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this
My day starts at 4:30. I get myself ready, nurse the baby and dress the (hopefully) sleeping kiddos. I load everyone up, take the youngest 2 to their babysitter and go to work at 6. I feed my dd breakfast, run reports and do paperwork, then at 8 I take my lunch and run dd school. I return to work and bust tale, stopping to pump every 2 to 2.5 hours. Each time I pump I call and check on my younger 2. At 2:00 I clock out, pick up the boys and then pick up dd. We return home to do homework, extracurriculars and play. Then comes dinner, showers & bedtime routines. After that its housework and online classes. While my kids do spent about 8 hours out of my care I very much am their full time care taker! This is by no means a pity rant, I have an amazing husband and we chose this life. Right now he works, has an internship and goes to school. It's what we need to do to give our kids all we want and all they deserve. My point is until you spend a day in someone's shoes you can't say what they can and cannot do.

Quoting m0m23b0ys458:

I disagree.With that many things going on,there is no way that anything she is doing is getting her full attention.So,I don't see where she is doing anything "full time".

Quoting WithHope:

I beg to differ. If she takes the kids to school/day care and picks them up then she is still very much their "full time" care taker. I have nothing against Sahm mon's but this is a huge misconception many have. I work, go to school and yes proudly say I take care of my kiddos "full time."

Quoting babyblue415:

i am not here to bash i just wanted to clear a few things up. first. i'm so sorry he did u wrong. second ... how are you working and going to school and taking care of kids full time? that doesn't work unless you bring your kids to work and to school with you. i dont know there ages but if they are not in school yet then u aren't

takin care of them full time. ... full time is twenty four seven three sixty five .... other than that. its not full time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Everything all together is not full time.

Quoting Luna091306:

12 credit hours is considered full time, 40 hours/wk of work is considered full time, and if the rest of the time is spent taking care of children and cleaning...I would consider that full time as well. All her bf did was work 9-5. All of the household responsibilities and taking care of the children (when she was home)was on her.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you do everything FULL TIME?

Sheepy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Wow,what a coward to break up on text.

Happy Thanksgiving~

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Two sides to every story. I only see your side here. 8 yrs is way too long for a one-sided, do everything person. They way he left was terrible, but you shrug it off like it was nothing anyway. I bet if we heard his side, he'd have much to say about you. Yep, not the popular opinion, that's what I think.
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM
That was a shitty thing for him to do to his kids!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured