Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my bf of 8 years just broke up with me... *UPDATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

by text. It's somewhere around 8:30am and I woke up noticing that he wasn't in bed. I text him saying "where are you?" He texts back with " Things just aren't working out between us, so I decided to move to Atlantic City last night." So, because I had just woke up and not fully awake, ny reply was "what?" He then texts back, "I just decided to leave. To many bills, too much stress, and the kids were driving me crazy." It was at that point when I realized that in all our eight years together, he has never NOT come home and that he just might be telling the truth. I sat and thought for a minute and started to get highly annoyed and disgusted. He has the audacity to say how stressed out and tired he is. All he does is work a 9-5 job. He comes home and relaxes. Me? I got to school FULL TIME, run our business FULL TIME, run the household FULL TIME, and take care of the kids FULL TIME. I am exhausted! So after realizing that he no reason to say how tired he is, I text him back "Enjoy. I hope you find what you're looking for." If he did go, I'm not going to sit here and whine and cry, begging him to come back. Nope. I'm going to wish him well. Does it hurt that he broke up with me and this way? Honestly, no. He was an extra thing that I had to deal with FULL TIME so he just actually cleared up my plate a little.

Oh, for those of you wondering why he picked AC, he has family that lives out there. We are about 3 hours from AC.

11/19/12

Sorry I haven't been on a lot, just had a lot on my mind for the last 24 hours. So I spoke to him this morning. He said that he didn't really go to AC. That he was at a friends house and just needed to "get away". Said that he was tired and had a lot going on. I told him that unless he was secretly sick with cancer, that whatever he had going on, I am going through it too. That for him to just up and leave without so much as a word and then to text me was childish and irresponsible. I asked him why he felt the need to tell me that he was basically gone and never coming back? Why he just couldn't have said " I need some me time". I would have even understood that. He said that he doesn't want to leave and that he apologizes for doing that to me. That he loves me and his family and that he wants to make things right and that he still wants to get married (he was in the process of getting a ring and proposing). I told him to stay at his friends house for a while, that I needed some "me time". I'm hurt that he would do something like this. I'm not saying that we had the world's best relationship. but at least one good enought to where this sort of thing wouldn't happen. If I allow him back, who's to say that he won't do it again, and be for real next time? I do love him and I know he loves us, but he really needs to get his act together. This is something that I need to sit and really think about. *sigh* He is going to come over after work so we can talk. I will update more then. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM

We have had our ups and downs and have broken up in the past. But when they have happened, it was something that we both were aware of. I didn't think it was that simple either. You just never know what a person has going on in their mind.

MANDYMEOWS:

Did something happen the night before? And have you two broken up previously?

I've been with my husband for 8 years and can't even start to imagine him just up and leaving one day. It's not that simple.

momma4vr
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM

im sorry hunny... i hope he gets his act together or u get what u want out of this. :)

woodit2u
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM

i hope everything works out for the best

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM

That is a red flag! I would not marry him, You cant just walk out when things get tough. I also would not trust him not to cheat or do other crazy things.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I know Washington doesnt, California does

Quoting LuvMyBrennaBean:

Don't some states still practice common law as well? I know that PA stopped a few years ago, but didn't know if others did. 

Quoting Keara20:

She can still get child support. In most states you have to be married 10 or more years to get alimony, even of they married 5 years ago she'd still be Shit out of luck. Not trying to start an argument, just saying in this case not being married was a good idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

No duh.. bu at least she would have legal standing... Nothing much when it's your live in baby daddy of 8 years...

Quoting Keara20:

Even if they were married he still could have left. A marriage license doesnt stop someone from walking out on you.

To the OP, be glad you didn't marry his man. Wasted money on a wedding and the process of divorce. You don't need that stress. You're a very strong woman!

Quoting Anonymous:

That is sad... but after 8 years and no marriage proposal.. you should have seen it coming.. why buy the cow comes to mind....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NiceMom06
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Huge red flag....something is super wrong!
Mrs.Winchester
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM
It really seems like he just wanted to make you upset or get attention and even you were apathetic now he's come straight back. I'd tell him to piss off.
smushy79
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Maybe he thought he would get a different response from you.(the text part).
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Wow & y'all have kids together too lol I'd pack his shit & send it to his homies house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Maybe I'm just suspicious but I would have to wonder what he was really up to disappearing like that and then coming back with a lame excuse for his behavior. It seems like he wanted to divert your attention so he could do something and get away with it. I'm thinking he was with someone else. That's the only thing that would make sense to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured